What do i do please

Status
Not open for further replies.

brybry

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
hi, do i run/turn on ( NOT SCAN )
kaspersky pure AND win fire wall, and win defender, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free or full paid version .
all at once ?? ta ..

:sweat:

Solution

Signs of a bad site, usually a bad design, lots of ads for questionable products, "FREE" flashing all over the place, almost anything you get when you search for free products you normally pay for.

I don't run Malwarebytes full time, but from the things it detects, it does not act the same way as an anti-virus. A good anti-virus that also detects sypware should be fine on it's own.

If you don't have a router, then you don't have a firewall in it of-course.

Most attacks are not something a firewall would block anyway, it's initiated by the user, which the firewall views as proper action. Meaning most viruses start with someone running a bad file or going to an infected web site. Since you initiated that action, the firewall lets it though.

As far as security? You can run Kaspersky, and use it's firewall also, but it's not fully needed because the routers have a firewall. Do not need to run MS Defender or any other second anti-virus. I run Malwarebytes but not the resident program, just do a scan every so often. But I keep track of what sites I visit and most techs know the signs of a bad site or email that may have viruses. Running the full version of Malwarebytes along with another anti-virus product is OK.

Signs of a bad site, usually a bad design, lots of ads for questionable products, "FREE" flashing all over the place, almost anything you get when you search for free products you normally pay for.

I don't run Malwarebytes full time, but from the things it detects, it does not act the same way as an anti-virus. A good anti-virus that also detects sypware should be fine on it's own.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.