Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
They had a great offer for an antec p182 for $99 with a $50 mail-in-rebate yesterday. I place my order and receive an order acknowledgment email. Then, i get another one saying my order has been canceled due to lack of inventory. Son of a monkey's uncle!!! Sorry for the rough language, but I'm mad. I was all excited about my new case, and then no! I email them telling what happened, they say the order is canceled and that's that. Shouldn't they make more of an effort to help the customer if the order goes through? I went back later and it said out of stock, but not while i was there the first time. I vent my frustrations here in hopes the fry guys will pay attention and learn about customer service.

righteous

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Sounds like you should take your business elsewhere, no?
These places could care less about customers. they just want your money. They aren't going to make concessions, and you shouldn't either.

go somewhere else.

In other words, you want a raincheck...which Frys is not exactly know for giving. I shop Fry's and I love the place. I would never order on-line, I want to see in person what I am paying for when I buy it. Nearly any Fry's sale I have seen is limited to quanity on hand. Many times they are trying to get rid of inventory they are not going to carry any longer.

Stop whining like a little girl and buy one someplace else.

Never been to the Texas store. Have shopped in several Southern California stores, and the Wilsonville Oregon store. Fry's is utterly fantastic for the large selection, they carry almost everything you could ever want. They simply blow away any other electronics store I have ever been in, literally.

But when you go to Fry's, you have to have done your homework, know exactly what you want, and what you want to pay for it. Also be on the lookout for returned items, many of the items on the shelves are returns. They are marked most of the time, but I have seen items that were obvioulsy open box or returns and have not been marked as such. Just be careful and look closely.

You never, ever, ever go into Fry's undecided and start asking for advice or questions about products. I have witnessed this first hand over and over when I hear a customer asking for advice from one of the employee's. Big mistake, the following line of baloney spewing forth goes from laughable to just downright ridiculous......

But for price and selection, you have to go online to beat Fry's. I personally want to actually see and touch what I am paying for, I am not an on-line shopper, so I head for Fry's.

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Houston Texas now has two Fry's. They are pretty good stores, but the high end components seem to be less competitive with the internet prices. The rest of the stuff is pretty close though. They tend to have OUTSTANDING deals on cases, among other things.

rochin

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Frys= cheap prices and terrible customer service. In fact the Grand Prairie Texas store is or seems like it is run by monkies. Been there, felt the pain.

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
I just bought nice computer components and a front load washer and dryer from fry's in Houston and they have been fine to me.

rockyjohn

Distinguished

Someone needs an anger management course. So they were out of stock and cancelled the order. It happens. No rain check? Many stores do not do that. Maybe they had a limited number of rebates they were allowed to issue. That would not be surprising to me.

And customer service? Many times while shopping at Fry's I have wished I could find a sales person to help me or found myself in long checkout lines (occasionally over an hour on big sale days), but I don't get frustrated. I know that increased customer service comes at a cost, and higher prices. Every company has to make a decision about where they will be on the low service/low price to good service/higher price continuum. Fry's apparently has made that decision on the side of lower price.

Every customer is free to select what stores they shop. But having made that selection, it is wrong to then attack the practices that are part of their merchandising program. I for one appreciate the low prices - along with a large selection it is one of the reasons I shop at Fry's. And probably why many other customers are willing to knowingly tolerate those long checkout lines.

It appears that it was a sale and low price that attracted you to try to make a purchase. I am sorry it was cancelled and you lost out. But if you are unhappy, just go shop at those high priced stores and pay the higher prices for the better service. It is your choice. I just don't hope you don't the return and complain about the high prices.

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Fry's here in norcal has a history of killer sales and ads, but when you get to the store...nothing bust dust on the shelves where the sale item should be. but they do a good job of getting you into the store.

jys84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
lol, the car in front of me got through the traffic light, but I got hit with the red light.... GAARRRRG!!! All I ask is that I get green lights whenever I drive for the rest of my life... Since I got a red light, I need to post on a forum to explain how bad the city government is for designing red lights... GAARRRRRG!!!

ROAR!!!!
ANGER!!!!

wtf, seriously... who cares. It'll probably be back in stock in 1-2 days when their next shipment comes, that's how Fry's usually operates. http://www.frys.com/product/4470306

loosscru

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006

They will if you call them and ask them to put it on backorder (i've done it and it has worked). Except for this deal, because, according to the rep i spoke to, they are not going to carry the p182 anymore. They are still going to carry the p180 but not the 182... figure that one out.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
And really, for me dude, I'd rather have them send me the email saying they're out as opposed to waiting and waiting and they just not say anything, or if they give me a raincheck, I personally would rather just know so I can get a different part and be happy and get on with my life.

Thats why I always use Newegg. More than once Newegg ran out of supplies after I submitted the order. After about 2 days they called me and said that they would send the same parts (Q6600 during the price cuts :D , a CPU Cooler) for $20 off(for the CPU, and the same price for the cooler)!

VoidPhantom

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I really think the ones in houston are pretty good. My friend works there and didn't know anything about computers in the beginning, but after i met him again he knew about overclocking, which series and brands to choose, etc.

He just told me that once in a while they have someone not know what they're talking about and he has to go correct them.

My house is kinda behind fry's, just a couple minute walks and im there.

tlmck

Distinguished

The Dallas and Plano stores are great. I prefer the Dallas store 'cause I can walk there in 5 minutes. The Plano store has a coffee bar, with a big black Steinway player piano just outside. Good employees at both.

dcinmich

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007

These guys must be related to the chumps - er, I mean, chimps - at ClubIt.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
update: Ok, they ran the same deal on the white (instead of gun metal) case and i got one, so i'm less mad at fry's now. I still think they should honor the confirmed orders, though.
BTW, this case is awesome.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
So I order a case from Frys.com, then I'm told they are soled out, so I whine about it on this here forum, but then I say they should honor the order. But then I would whine about having to wait for the thing to get to me from back order. I also will not get the rebate because you have to order the case by a date that is not fulfilled by the back order, so I will whine about that too.

WTF?

Me I like frys.com I get the things I order in a timely way and I have never had an error with any order.
Frys.com has some very good sales, without rebates. I hate rebates.
Newegg, Frys, and Zipzoomfly yay!

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I dont know guys, but I loved fry's, they had great networking kids for cheap prices, also had all the DVD brands for burning
the only thing they were lacking, were western digtal hard disks
but I wont blame them, I went buying the 28th of december, so all SATA hdds were sold out, only 500 GB were advailiable, and ddint want to spend more than 90 USD... ( microcente had ran out of the great sale of 320 gb hdds for 79 USD too )

Status
Not open for further replies.