Toshiba m70 black and white s video

Tushark

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
i have an LCD TV and i used to connect my toshiba laptop with it thru an s-video cable, i.e., both sides, there is an s-video port and it used to work perfectly. but now, that cable got ruined and i got a new one with s-video port on one side and RCA plug on the other. now when i try to connect the same laptop to my tv, only black and white picture comes up if i connect just the yellow plug to the tv and if i connect the other 2 (red and white) connectors also, the picture vanishes completely. wt kind of issue is this. Please help.

Solution
You are either connecting the composite cables wrong or the cable is bad. S-Video carries color info and pictures in sepearate streams, what's happening is that you are getting picture info but not color. Just get another regular s-video cable.

Yellow, Red, White cables sound like Video and left/right audio. You may have gotten a wrong cable. You could also be just plugging them into the wrong connectors on the back of the TV, there are 3 for composite video, Rgb, Ygb, something like that. Don't remember exactly. If you have a correct working cable, you need to check on how to connect it.

Actually, I just realized, if you have an LCD TV, there is a good chance you have a VGA input on it, and your laptop should have a VGA output...
You are either connecting the composite cables wrong or the cable is bad. S-Video carries color info and pictures in sepearate streams, what's happening is that you are getting picture info but not color. Just get another regular s-video cable.

Yellow, Red, White cables sound like Video and left/right audio. You may have gotten a wrong cable. You could also be just plugging them into the wrong connectors on the back of the TV, there are 3 for composite video, Rgb, Ygb, something like that. Don't remember exactly. If you have a correct working cable, you need to check on how to connect it.

Actually, I just realized, if you have an LCD TV, there is a good chance you have a VGA input on it, and your laptop should have a VGA output. Use the VGA cable to connect them, you will get much better quality.

Solution