0x80070003 error when installing

STHellRaiser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
i get this error 0x80070003 when installing windows vista ultimate on to my new sata hard drive i have got to the part were it copy's files over but then when it goes to expanding files it come up with this code 0x80070003 and says windows cannot install the required files. the file does not match. make sure all files required for installation, and restart the installation. then the error code. i know the error code is meant to have some thing to do with updates but this time it cant as there isnt anything to update on the hard drive.
i have tryed a a new copy of ultimate on new disc and same thing i no that the other disc did work cos i used it 5 mins before on ide HDD. the installtion process is also so slow it actually was left on for 3 hours last night and then got another error when went to the next stage.
i have another post with this carryed on from a last problem here is the link
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-251449_14_0.html

if any reply could be posted there that would be great

selea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
There are some people that have the same problem, these are the usually given answers:

1) Make sure the disc is completely clean as it may be the disc has a
spec of dust or the disc might not be working properly all together.

2) Secondly Set Boot order in bios and make sure you main Hard Drive you are
installing vista on is set to be booted 1st. then DVD rom etc (To get to
boot order you will have to press something like F12 depending on bios).

3) Make sure your Bios is upto date

4) Unplug any peripherals such as, printers, external drives, microphone
webcams etc

5) If you have a second hard drive remove it install vista then add second
HDD back in as it maybe detecting or trying to install to second hard drive
(if you have one)

6) Check you got all the latest drivers for motherboard etc and make sure
all components support vista.

7) If all fails then copy the Vista disc at a slow speed maybe 2x and then
try as it may be the disc.

STHellRaiser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
trust me i tried google, and still am (its the first place i looked) ryt now vista is installing to ide fine so

is there any one on here who can actually help?? i have done so many searches on google and have tried every thing taking out ram changing boot order you name it and ill probably tried it, i no the main basics of the pcs so needing some experienced with these problems to help me sorry jsc but but that's first place any one looks now a days and is just a cheap way of a post lol

STHellRaiser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

tried all of these already

STHellRaiser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

yup i would of tried that next (got spare dvd in my cuboard) but windows vista installed fine on to the ide hard drive

since its installed mean diffrently nothing wrong with dvd drive,disc or anything else like that

so it is either some thing am doing wrong to install it onto sata hdd or its the sata hdd its self

STHellRaiser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
thanks for every ones reply. i have tried to use an image of vista that didn't work either it comes up with the device is not attached but the thing is not one touched to pc whiles it was doing the restore (unless a ghost) so that's failed as well. rite now am am trying to install ubuntu and to see if that works, i have kinda tried a windows 7 rc version that i have with no success but will be trying that again in different ways tonight.
and great ubuntu didnt install as well

ok now couple of things left it is the sata hdd thats faulty (will probably be phoning ebuyer in the moring by looks of it) or a connection is wrong but i dont see how it could be the second one when it shows up fine in bios and installation

i have managed to get other things to install on to the sata hdd when loads os of the ide hdd it works fine then but i cant get any os to install on to the sata hdd

has any one got idears that i can try (will be trying just about every thing tonight)
and please dont say look up error code in google or ms that doesnt work atall

lamb32

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
its because the drivers for the start up of vista are missing off the new hard drive just had the same problem so stuck an old hard drive in then used acronis disk clone to copy the old hard drive to the new then take the old hard drive out put the new one in and it will boot to vista

jorge_sobrinho

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hi,

I had the same problem, the solution was to change the SATA mode in the motherboard (in the BIOS setup) from AHCI to IDE. The reason I thing is because either my hard disk or the installation disk doesn't support AHCI.

Kind regards

sasori2v

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Mybe..... the problem is partition its logical you should convert it to prmary using easus partition manager