To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
> verifier.
> Steps:
> 1) Windows Key + R
> 2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
> 3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
> 4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
> 5) Reboot
I am having a problem of my computer crashing after I log in. I got this on the blue screen:
IO SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR in wmiacpi.sys (WDM DRIVER ERROR 20e) [wmiacpi.sys+152f at B917952F]

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
that wasn't what you wanted to turn off. You wanted to turn of DRIVER SIGNING not verifying... they're different. During the boot process boot into safe mode and change the settings back and you should be fine. To turn off DRIVER SIGNING you could either download ready driver plus or during the boot process you you keep hitting DEL or F depending on your motherboard and the option should appear.

bubbles1956

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
The problems started when I used a program Driver Detective that had me update some drivers. I will be getting rid of that program if I can ever get my computer to work. Once I rebooted, I got as far as log in and then the computer crashed. I am able to get into all the safe mode selections. I read on this website to do steps I originaly listed to find the driver problem. Now I need to know what that driver problem means and how I can fix it so I can use this computer again. I am not a techy so all this is new to me.

mi1ez

Splendid
sounds like motherboard or chipset drivers. since you can get into safe mode, uninstall that driver detective and download&install drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's website.