Windows XP ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitchblade

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Hello everyone,

I currently have a Windows XP Professional CD Key that I bought with my own money, however, it's been a long time since I've used it and I have since lost the actual CD for it. I was wondering if there is a legal or official way to download the ISO for XP. Will I have to pay to get this ISO?

Thanks.

Solution
You need to understand that we only get involved with real, legitimate operating system disk issued by the publisher, in this case, Microsoft. Notice how PhilFrisbie referred you to find an original CD, not a torrent download or website or eBay. I will add that if you do not have the Certificate of Authenticity to go with the CD key number you have, any source of a Windows XP operating system is illegitimate. We will not help with finding alternative sources for operating systems. We do not give instructions on developing an illegitimate disk from an existing installation.

Your plea that you have a CD Key you purchased some time ago is without merit or sympathy here.

Anyone can write down the...

twitchblade

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

Sorry if I'm breaking the rules or something. If someone can just tell me the website or something but not provide a link or the whole URL, would that work?

I'm pretty sure that link I provided was not the OS, so I don't have to delete it right?

You need to understand that we only get involved with real, legitimate operating system disk issued by the publisher, in this case, Microsoft. Notice how PhilFrisbie referred you to find an original CD, not a torrent download or website or eBay. I will add that if you do not have the Certificate of Authenticity to go with the CD key number you have, any source of a Windows XP operating system is illegitimate. We will not help with finding alternative sources for operating systems. We do not give instructions on developing an illegitimate disk from an existing installation.

Your plea that you have a CD Key you purchased some time ago is without merit or sympathy here.

Anyone can write down the product key from a computer in a store and try to use it later and claim now they only need the disk. I will not say this is what you have done, but with such possibles out there we draw the line at the true legitimate disk or no help.

Solution

Fro57

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
So what you’re saying is you've never lost a disk and therefore are perfect in everyway? I have a bunch of codes from broken computers that my neighbor has just thrown out because he couldn't fix them. So I have a legit sticker but no disc. If you can't help this guy find a legit download you should have just left out calling him a thief. I hope that someday somebody you know accidentally scratches or burns or leaves your original windows disc on the dash of a car in the sun then you'll be in the same place.
Good chat Jesus.

G

Wow. Such hostility...

Anyway, I'm in a similar situation. Like I usually do, I've stored the CD sleeve (with the product key sticker) separately from the CD. The CD is somewhere in one of those old zipper-equipped CD folders. One of many, some of which I can't find. You know; safely stored away. :sarcastic:

Like the OP, I just want to get my hands on a safe ISO so I can slap it on a flash drive and be done with it. I don't want to drive to a friend/colleague/random person's house 50km away just so I can borrow a tiny piece of plastic and metal for 2 minutes. I'm not even installing it for myself (I run GNU/Linux on all my machines). I also don't want to risk downloading an infected ISO, but I guess I'll have to take that risk.

Once again, Microsoft is giving me a headache. And I thought the days of IE6 were behind me...

Status
Not open for further replies.