Samsung XL2370 LED OSD Problems

daggarth

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hey guys, I have a strange problem I just can't seem to fix. I have a Samsung XL2370 LED monitor I just purchased, but I cannot get the normal OSD menu (accessed from the menu button on the front of the monitor) to come up when I press the button. When this problem is happening the monitor is stuck in a color mode that favors blue tint. Occassionally after installing and uninstalling the monitor driver and rebooting the computer, the menu button then works and I can adjust the color scheme (at least I think this is what fixed it but who knows). But then after some time it will revert back to the blue tint and will not longer respond to the button pressing again. I am running Windows 7 64-bit version with an 8800GTS nvidia card and I do not have magictune installed since it is not supported by the 8800GTS. I can't seem to find anyone else on the internet with this problem and it is getting very frustrating not being able to find the cause. Any help or hints could be useful, thanks. :)

If anyone knows if windows 7 alone could be causing this let me know and I will just go back to XP.

(UPDATE)
I plugged the monitor into my roommates computer, he is using windows xp with a 9600gt card.. and the damn OSD menu button worked fine...plugged it back into my windows 7 machine and the button did not work again...hmm. Can a physical thing like a monitor OSD be affected by the OS? Let me know.

festerovic

Distinguished
Color tint problems most commonly occur due to the video cable not being plugged in well enough. Make sure both ends are firmly tightened on to the connectors. If you are using the VGA cable (not DVI) then this is very likely. Try a different cable, too.

If that is not the fix, I myself would return the monitor. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with what you are talking about.