Ati radeon 3200 hdmi problem

thrylos

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Hey, hopefully I've come to the right place for answers about the problem I'm having with my HDMI setup to my LCD..I'm not too familiar with computer hardware stuff so I'll just tell you what I know about and maybe someone can offer me a solution..please bear with me.

I have a ATI radeon 3200 graphics card, and my PC has an HDMI out and I'm trying to connect it to my 32" Toshiba LCD. I get 'no video signal' on my screen when I switch to that input on my TV and I get no audio either.

When I tried to install the ATI HDMI driver that comes as part of my drivers CD, it tells me that 'no driver was suppored in this driver package'. I have the ASUS M3A78-EMH motherboard if that helps to answer the question. Anyone have any ideas for me?

I really want to ditch the stock subwoofer and speakers I have and get the audio from the TV and so far I've been out of luck. I'm currently using an DVI-HDMI connection. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

thrylos

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Thanks a lot for looking into it for me. You've really been a big help. Like I said I don't know much at all about the finer points so this is big for me. Thanks again. I hope it works!

thrylos

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
So I tried out your suggestion to do the physical switch and in BIOS as well, and it worked! Very quick and simple. I can say goodbye to my stock speakers and now have the HDMI out connected with my LCD and surround hooked up for sound.
Thanks for your help..my frustration with this problem is finally over.