cannot run .js file

Somehow I lost the program association for .js files. I have .js file that I
need to run (it is an install program for a C++ software product), but it no
longer runs.
thanks,
Kurt

Kurt Krueckeberg wrote:

> Somehow I lost the program association for .js files. I have .js file that I
> need to run (it is an install program for a C++ software product), but it no
> longer runs.
Hi

Download and install WSH 5.6 and see if it helps:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: