[Help] Error while installing win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hello, and first of all I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this but... I've recently decided to reinstall win7 64bit because my computer started freezing up occasionally while browsing, playing games or even watching youtube videos... the freezes would pass after a few minutes and the computer would recover and start up/shut down would take a long time as well.

So I thought that reinstalling windows might help as I havent done it in a long while. But I ecountered a problem while installing win7 64bit,

I receive these errors (0x8007045D and later after trying a few things it changed to 0x80070002 both times it stated something about files missing or being corrupt) while on the "extracting windows files" section of the setup.

I've done a clean install every single time and formated my HDD (seagate barracuda 7200.10 320GB) but got an error every single time but at various %'s (once it went up to 70% other times it would get stuck as soon as 5%). I'm really out of ideas now, I've tried switching RAM's, switching DVD Drives, Disconnecting my GPU but nothing seems to help... has my HDD died? Or prehaps my Mobo or CPU is acting up? Help please!

Oh, and I burned my win7 ISO's myself via imgburn - I've used the slowest possible burn speed (x2) and did it multiple times but every single DVD gave same error.

My Specs:

OS: Formated HDD right now but previously I used Win7 64bit
Motherboard: Bearlake G31 (I think, not sure... its such an old mobo)
CPU: Core 2 Duo 3.3GHz
GPU: GeForce 9600GT - Tried removing but didnt help
RAM: OCZ 2x2GB 800MHz DDR2 - Tried switcing to an exact same pair from another computer but it didnt help
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
DVD-ROM: Not sure but I tried two different ones, both producing errors

Solution
The capacitors last only so long. It will power less and less in the future, unfortunately.

If there is power to spare from the new one, it will last longer than one that is used to the capacity.

Example: new 500W is actually tested up to 680W (Antec), so 250W could be 330W,
but today it could be measured @ 200W only.

I am just saying, that nothing is forever. It is a common problem when PSU's are causing the problems and often RAM is the casualty of that.

Can u try another one to rule this issue out?

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
maybe the image you're burning from is corrupt or your discs are crap... to check your drives you could boot a rescue linux and check the disks and memory... you could also try getting another image... and reburning it off a different image.. or borrow a friends disk as long as you use your serial number it's not stealing...

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I've tried multiple ISO's so I'm sure they arent corrupt, and the DVD's arent crap I've used same brand before when I reinstalled windows and it worked.

l0ckd0wn

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Generally when you have OS installation problems the first component I find to be problematic is the memory. I'd boot the Ultimate Boot Disk and run MemTest86+ to see if you have stable memory, after that I would try and run the manufacturer HDD test (also on the UBCD) and see if it fails the stress test.

In my experience the memory is generally the failing component if you are getting addressing errors.

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Hello, thanks to you all for replies. I've just tried running seagate DOS bootable disc and I got an error while trying to run the "long test" on the system thats having problems installing. The error said that the HDD was not responding to commands and that it could be caused by corrupt sectors OR disconnected/broken wires. So I decided to plug the HDD into my other system to run the test there and what do you know, the test is running right now at 15% and going further... I'll post the resulsts once its complete. But I guess my problem is faulty wires hmm?

Oh, and regarding the RAM, I've tried other RAM sticks from the other system and I got the same error so I'm asuming the RAM is ok, but I'll also run memtest later to make sure.

Try to check for the bad sectors http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=SeaTools&vgnextoid=720bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

Get the SeaTools for DOS tests SATA or ATA drives from a bootable CD-ROM or floppy. It can test a SATA (Serial ATA) or older ATA (PATA/IDE) interface hard drive. Because the software boots to its own operating system you can test your drive regardless of the OS installed on it. You can even test a new or completely blank drive. In addition, this version offers limited repair and data erasure.

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I've noted in my previous reply that i managed to successfully start a seagate test via DOS CD on another system and its currently at 90% ;) will post results. The test didnt even start on the system that is having the issues installing (error mentioning bad sectors/lose wires/broken wires).

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Long Test and Short DST Test both passed without errors on another system, so the HDD seems to be in order. Going to try to switch the wires and plug the HDD back into the system thats giving me errors while installing win7/wunning seagate tests.

Log file:

Device 0 is Seagate Device ST3320820AS
Max Native address 625142447
Device is 48bit addressed - Number of LBAs 625140334 (320.072 GB)
This Drive supports security features
SMART is supported but DISABLED
Logging feature set is SUPPORTED
Started Long Test
Not able to get SMART DATA
DST completed without error
Short DST PASSSED
Long Test PASSED

Oops, missed that one :)

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Hmm after switching the sata ata cable the seagate DOS CD was able to start the tests on the machine that receives errors during installation, but I am still receiving 0x8007045D error during windows installation... going to start memtest and let it run till 7 passes, will post the results. But its really strange... since I've used a different set of RAM from another system, which works just fine, maybe the mobo RAM sockets are faulty?

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

No, I don't have a large enough USB drive at the moment, would have to buy one. Hmm memtest86+ v4.2 has so far PASSED 1, going to run it for longer obviously, but I have no idea how to test my PSU... could it really be the cause of this? :S

My PSU: FSP250-60HEN 250w

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I am unable to start windows, because I've formated the HDD to prepair it for a fresh install and am having problems installing win7 due to the errors mentioned in my previous posts, would that command work via CMD from win7 DVD? And what should I look for once I do it?

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

No problem ;) however, what do you suggest I do now?

Nadosin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Hey, I have mentioned my PSU (FSP250-60HEN 250w) and I havent got any kingston ram, I've tried another pair of OCZ DDR2 800MHz RAM but got same error.

UPDATE on memtest86+:

2 PASSES 0 ERROR so far

I think it is the PSU. 250W might not be enough.

If u cannot use another one now, try to unplug everything that u don't need and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS