majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Not really sure where to post this because not sure what caused the problem since it was a very quick blue screen. All I saw was 'Power' Maybe management although I might of been seeing things there. I built the PC myself and it's been running for around 3 months with limited problems.

Note this PC was in Sleep mode when this occurred then just restarted and here I am asking a question.
Any help is grateful :)

Cain.

Specs
AMD 6 Core 1055t
GTX 460
ASUS M4N75TD
750w Corsair PSU
4GB DDR3 RAM

cloonso

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
I would say it was a usb device that caused the problem. Try and make sure you have no usb devices connected when you boot. If you get another BSOD with no usb devices attached then look at the OS. What OS are you running?

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Windows 7 64 bit, Not genuine though because I got ripped of by some ******. I thought saving £30 was good maybe I should of gone to amazon :(

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. Might buy it again might not.

proletarian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hello.

I used to run a Q6600 system on a gigabyte DS3 motherboard.

The system would sometimes just die randomly and restart, or bsod me.

Whenever i checked the event log all i ever got was a "Critical: power management"

after much much googling around, loads of reinstalls and a few RMAs i figured my particular problem was Sleep Mode.

You may wish to try changing these or even disabling if you can. after quickly googling "M4N75TD sleep mode" i did find a few posts on other forums with the bsod issue.

it's not a problem with your board, it's definitely windows 7.

Disable sleep mode.

...Power Management BSOD's could be related to a few things. If your lucky, its an issue waking from sleep/hibernation modes.

Can you provide the exact STOP code of the BSOD? It would help a lot in figuring out exactly what causes the error...[this one isn't exactly easy to google up...]

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
What else could it be? I can't get the BSOD back up and even if I could it last for around 3 seconds before restart. How could I get the BSOD back not that I want it. What else could it be? Power supply is good and works seamlessly when all 6 core are at 100%.

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

So it's windows 7 then not my PC starting to die?

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Where do I find this information. If I could find it then I would give it to you. Action Center?

Snet

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
When you booting your PC, press F8, scroll down to disable restart on system failure or go to system properties, Advanced system settings, click the settings bar under startup and recovery and uncheck automatically restart.

System properties occours when you right click computer and click properties