CMOS checksum error on MSI board

dalwarrior

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hi guys, new member here. Very fond of tom's hardware due to its informative reviews and let's not forget that most of my pc's troubleshooting sequences have benefited by reading through several threads posted on this site. However, i am having some trouble with my msi P55-GD 65 MAINBOARD. It keeps giving me the CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR. Msi's boards have this annoying habit of booting 3 times consecutively every time i make changes in BIOS (overclocking). However, now even on stock settings, it has started to boot 3 times which is very frustrating, every time. I have tried:

1: The jumper trick
2: The battery removal trick
3: loading optimized defaults over and over again
4: Replaced it with a new battery

It still posts 3 times, as stated in the manual, so if u guys have any suggestions, they will be highly appreciated

Specs:

I5 750 (at stock, all voltages at stock)
MSI P55 GD65
4GB corsair vengeance at stock as well (1600mhz stock but 1333mhz atm due to this issue)
evga gtx 570 SC (at stock VID and clocks)
Silent pro M 850W CM
WD green 1tb

Plz help me out guys :(

Could be more likely Bad or old CMOS battery. CR 2032 3V
CR2032.jpg

Or, is this your case? Any sudden power interruptions or surges?

Computer improperly turned off

If the computer was had the power disconnected while it was still running it is possible this could cause the CMOS to become corrupt. Ensure that the computer is ready to be shut off before turning off the computer. If you have a laptop computer make sure the battery is charged before disconnecting the power connection.

If the CMOS values have become corrupted enter the correct values in CMOS setup and then save and exit CMOS setup to resolve your issues.

dalwarrior

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I have a voltage stabilizer so i guess with surge protection so i guess surges will not be that big of a problem. I have a spare board of asus(using the same battery voltage of 3v), and it was still giving the same 3 times booting issue and now it's also giving me the same booting issue on stock settings. When i overclock even the slightest bit, it boots 3 times and says 'overclocking failed'. What should i do, this frustration is killing me