Windows 7 blue screen cant get into safe mode

terriv103

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Hello,
I thank you all in advance for your patience and help.

I have a laptop, running windows 7. It seemed to be running slow and I kept getting a message that my windows security essentials was not "turned on". Couldnt seem to resolve that so I uninstalled it. I was going to then run a virus software because that message was preventing me from doing anything at all.

so I uninstalled Windows security essentials....restart computer....I get the option to go to the boot menu, but thats it. After that initial start up it goes right to a blue screen and will do or load nothing.

I tried f8 to get into safe mode, wont work.

any suggestions????

gavenr

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
probably the best thing to do is get a virus scanner boot cd.. probably kaspersky rescue disk just search google for it. If you get viruses off great if not just run windows 7 cd and repair it.

terriv103

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I made a copy of the virus scanner onto a cd from Kapersky. I went into the boot menu and clicked "boot from cd", then restarted the computer. It is still just a blue screen.

terriv103

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
thank you gamerk316. forgive my ignorance, but how to I run anything if it wont respond to anything and will only display the blue screen. I honestly dont think it is a memory problem however. I use it for school, it is new and there is no music, videos and only a few pics on it. seeing a how it started, i do believe it is a virus which I then made worse.

TRENDING THREADS