Intel Core i5 2500K (3,30GHz)
ASUS P8H77M-LE USB3
2x 4GB DDR3 PC1333
Nvidia GTX560Ti 1GB HDMI DirectX11
650 Watt 14cm FAN Silent
Cooltek CTK 2 Rev C

I also bought the following SSD which I installed myself:

Corsair CSSD-F120GB3-BK 120GB SSD

The problem is that after I installed everything and tried out Battlefield 3, the computer would restart automatically after a few minutes with the following error:

"Power Supply Surges detected during the previous power on.
ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit! "

The problem only occurs after a few seconds of running Battlefield 3.
Should the PSU I have (650W) be enough for these specs? Is there a possibility that I installed the SSD incorrectly and if so would this make a difference in the overall power consumption of my PC?

Thanks in advance,
Etienne

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Its a common problem with ASUS anti surge.. Disable it from bios, its safe if you have a trustworth PSU.. Can you post exact model of PSU?

etiennev

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply.. I already tried once yesterday disabling the ASUS anti surge from bios but the pc still restarted after a few seconds of running the game. I will try again this afternoon. In the meantime I will also find out the exact model of the PSU...

Thanks again,
Etienne

etiennev

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Hi,

The model of the PSU is "SuperPower ATX Switching Supply 650W" - Cannot say more than that.

I tried switching ASUS anti surge off but the PC will still restart after a few minutes after starting a game...

Thanks Again,
Etienne

etiennev

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Unfortuanately I cannot say becuase this happened after installing the OS on the SSD. Before installing the SSD I only switched on the computer and did not try to play any games...

Now I sent the power supply back to the supplier because he thinks that I need more power for the graphics card...

Thanks,
Etienne

Easiest way to see whats going on would be to use a program that can moniter the CPU voltages, and see if the voltages are stable or not. Could be a really shoddy PSU that simply can't function at or near its maximum capacity.

etiennev

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
This issue has been solved. The problem was with the power supply. I had to upgrade the power supply to 750W because the graphics card was taking too much power. I still had to switch off the anti-surge setting from bios though.

kChaste

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
hey etiennev... i'm also playing battlefield 3. all was fine until i installed premium. how do u know it's ur graphics card drawing too much power?

patsxj6

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I had that same problem with my newly built PC, my PC would not shut down without holding the power button, When it did power up I got the same message, "Power supply surge detected during previous power on, Asus anti surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply". At first i thought that my 650W PS was ustable during my previous overclock, but i corrected the problem by Resetting the CMOS (moving the jumper, or removing the battery on the Mother board)resetting the CMOS back to factory default. You can call ASUS and ask them to walk you thru resetting the CMOS procedure. My system is working normal, no messages, I overclocked it back up again, so far no problems.