collapse all folders shortcut key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know that you can use the Numlock on + * key in the explorer folder menu
to expand all folders beneath the current directory, but is there a
reversal operation? Hitting '-' just collapses the top level folder.

-Jonathan

Hit F5 after collapsing the top level.

Jonathan,
Try the Numlock +- keys. They will collapse all.
TonySper

"Jonathan Scoles" <jscoles@mailforce.net> wrote in message
I know that you can use the Numlock on + * key in the explorer folder
menu
to expand all folders beneath the current directory, but is there a
reversal operation? Hitting '-' just collapses the top level folder.

-Jonathan

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:31:30 -0800, Maureen Goldman
<inkslinger@FOGsunshine.net> wrote:

>Left arrow.

..... only collapses the selected folder, not any subfolders that might
be open. If you open up a lot of sub and sub-sub folders then collapse
the parent with left arrow or numeric - then reopen the parent you
will see all the sub folders still open.

Jetro's tip of hitting F5 after closing the parent is the only
solution I have ever seen to this - been wanting to know of years!!!

Thanks Jetro!!

--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!