Is Displayport worth its price

stefan_mkd

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Hello folks,

I was recently looking for a monitor and I noticed that monitors with Displayport are significantly more expensive than the rest. For example a decent 22' ASUS monitor without Displayport cost around 150$, but a 22' ASUS monitor with Displayport costs another 80$.

Is the difference between Displayport and HDMI/DVI image quality so big, and is it worth paying those 80$?

I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter

There's no display quality difference at all. The reason display port is more expensive is that it's more expensive to make. Also, if you're using AMD card and if you want to use more than 2 monitors, you'll have to display port. Otherwise it will not work, only maximum of 2 monitors will display, others will have blank screen.

randomkid

Distinguished

The only reason you will need display port is if you want 3rd monitor in your set-up in which case the output from the graphics cards should come from the display port. Since buying 3 DP monitors just to be able to use the 3rd one is not cost effective, it is better to buy non-DP monitors & buy a single active DP to DVI adaptor for much lesser price. Or get the Sapphire Flex version to totally do away with display port for the 3rd monitor.