Memory error on shutdown or restart

jatack

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
So sometimes on my new windows 8 computer and also on my surface pro tablet I get a memory error when the computers either shutdown or restart. It flashes as a pop up but its pretty fast and I can't really read it. Something about a problem with the memory at, then some numbers/letters, and the bottom line is OK to terminate, but it terminates itself I guess. This does not happen always, it's intermittent. I have run scf /scannow, chkdsk /f and the memory diagnostic 2 pass deal and everything seems to be working OK. Also increased virtual memory a bit, but it still gives me that error. Any ideas? Thanks

jatack

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

It doesn't do it all the time so not every re-boot or shutdown. It doesn't do it when the computer is starting up only when its shutting down. I am thinking its not a hardware problem as it is doing this on 2 brand new but different types of computers.
Thanks

Bi2L

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I've got exactly the same problem with 4 computers with Windows 8 pro 64bit, when I restart or shutdown my system I've got Memory error :( :( I hate when it happens!
I also noticed that if I press the restart button from Windows Update I will 100% get "error memory windows update explorer.exe" also any other program that will restart or shutdown the computer it will get this error but not (not always) from the Windows restart button.

jatack

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013

Mine seems to occur more when I have printed something while on the internet using internet explorer. Sometimes I get an eplore.exe error with referenced memory issues, and sometimes its a dde server windows explore.exe application error with referenced memory issues. It does not always occur which is most frustrating. Never happened with windows 7 or windows vista.