BSOD "D1" stop error

cepsbrahh

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I just recently re-seated my graphics card from the slave to the master slot in hopes it would fix my graphics card issues but it didn't and I've received this new error. I have attached a couple minidumps below.

Here are my specs:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 3584MB RAM
System Model: TA790GX A3+
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 800W
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, build 7601)

I'm running the latest GTX 570 driver (version 301.42).

Thanks.

cepsbrahh

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

Is there any way I can attach my minidumps?

the D1 error means that a driver tried to access invalid memory address. The problem may not be a driver problem but may be a memory problem and you should try running memtest86 for at least three passes. If the memory test passes then a driver is the likely cause of this error. The first suspect for this error is the graphics card driver try either installing the latest driver or if this does not work install the driver that came with the graphics card. Of course the graphics card may not be the only cause of this error the network card or wireless card etc can also cause this problem, try disabling each device in device manager one by one to see if it cures the problem.

cepsbrahh

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

Just recently removed an integrated wireless PCI card. Think that may be the problem?

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Probably a driver issue, but can't rule out RAM either. The fact that you just removed hardware though makes me suspect that you have a driver trying to use the card you just removed.

Put the card back in and see if the problem remains. Running a memory test with memtest86/Prime95 [Blend test] would be the next logical step.

TRENDING THREADS