links 2003

Hi, when i play Links 2003, i get the following error
message AppName: linksmmiii.exe AppVer: 22.7.2.191
ModName: linksmmiii.exe
ModVer: 22.7.2.191 Offset: 00272354. i have
installed the patch, reinstalled the game etc. but the
game keeps crashing. i am running XP - home edition on my
pc. what can i do?

Hi wl,

What did you install / update on your system when this began?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>i have had the game for about 1 week. it started with
these problems from the beginning so i have been looking
for solutions on the net. so far i have downloaded and
installed tbe patch from the links website and i have
deleted and reinstalled the game. my friend has just
bought himself a new pc and the game. he is havng the
exact same problems. i don't know if there is some
configuration that the game is not agreeing with?

Hi wl,

Try reinstalling the game and patch using an Administrators account:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810743

--

"wl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324b01c4a415$6e6cd070$a401280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :)

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

--

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message news:%23JjoHrBpEHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| Hi wl,
|
| Try reinstalling the game and patch using an Administrators account:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810743
|
| --
| Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|

| Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| _________________________________________________________
|
| "wl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324b01c4a415$6e6cd070$a401280a@phx.gbl...

Shell / User
>Jimmy S.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
>Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"wl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:18c601c4a424$0b481db0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>| Hi Jimmy,
>| I have not set up any people as guests to sign onto my
>| pc, so it automatically signs on as an admin. Do I have
>| to set up another person and sign on as the
administrator
>| or is there another alternative for me to try?
>| wl
>
>"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message news:%
23JjoHrBpEHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>| Hi wl,
>|
>| Try reinstalling the game and patch using an
Administrators account:
>| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;810743

>| --
>| Cheers, Windows XP MVP
Shell / User
>| Jimmy S.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>| Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
>| Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>| MS Support at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-
us;top
>| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do
I confer any rights.

>| "wl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:324b01c4a415$6e6cd070$a401280a@phx.gbl...

MVP
>|| Shell / User
>|| http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>|| scid=FH;[LN];gms
>|| http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
>|| scid=sz;en-us;top
do I
>|| confer any rights.

>|| these problems from the beginning so i have been
looking
>|| for solutions on the net. so far i have downloaded and
>|| installed tbe patch from the links website and i have
>|| deleted and reinstalled the game. my friend has just
>|| bought himself a new pc and the game. he is havng the
>|| exact same problems. i don't know if there is some
>|| configuration that the game is not agreeing with?
>|

>Hi Jimmy,
Still no luck. I have tried the various steps you sent
me. I have also restarted my macine and it still gives me
the following message:AppName: linksmmiii.exe AppVer:
22.7.2.191 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 50ff4d59

It won't let me play more than two holes without shutting
down - it's getting REALLY irritating
Thanks wl

Hi wl,

Here's some more solutions. I hope they help! :)

1. Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size",
and allow enough room for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM as per:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/mcfedries/03june16.asp
Another good reference is: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

2. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

3. How To Repair Windows:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--

"wl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193701c4a431$ea0addf0$a501280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]
| >|
| >| Try reinstalling the game and patch using an
| Administrators account:
| >| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
| us;810743
| >|
| >| --
| >| Cheers, Windows XP MVP
| Shell / User
| >| Jimmy S.
| http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >|
| >|
| >| Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
| scid=FH;[LN];gms
| >| Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
| http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| >| MS Support at:
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-
| us;top
| >| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do
| I confer any rights.
| >|
| >|
| >| "wl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in