I recently ran an nVidia option that added an item to a context menu. The
item was added as the last line of the menu list. It is displayed when I
right click on the task bar.

Is there any way to reorder this list easily? Previously the last item was
"Close" but now is moved and I click the wrong item from habit.

In reading over the questions and answers in the various listings for XP, I
can't help but feel fortunate for all the excellent advice from so many
contributors. To all, many thanks for the help.

Are you sre that you don't want to get rid of everything that Nvidia added?

If interested.
Download and install ShellExView (shexview.exe)...

ShellExView download
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html

Open ShellExView and disable the Nvidia right click Menu entries.
These five entries...
Extension Name: Desktop Explorer
Extension Name: Desktop Explorer Menu
Extension Name: DesktopContext Class
Extension Name: NVIDIA CPL Extension
Extension Name: nView Desktop Context Menu

I will never buy anything made by NVIDIA ever again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E15AA9D2-4E12-47A4-8794-BD0FBD389270@microsoft.com,
Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I recently ran an nVidia option that added an item to a context menu. The
> item was added as the last line of the menu list. It is displayed when I
> right click on the task bar.
>
> Is there any way to reorder this list easily? Previously the last item was
> "Close" but now is moved and I click the wrong item from habit.
>
> In reading over the questions and answers in the various listings for XP,
> I can't help but feel fortunate for all the excellent advice from so many
> contributors. To all, many thanks for the help.

I replaced my "captive" ATI video capability with an nVidia card and must say
I can't fault it. I did however take your advice and disabled the items you
mentioned. I thank you for putting me on the trail of the ShellExView. Works
like a charm.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Are you sre that you don't want to get rid of everything that Nvidia added?
>
> If interested.
> Download and install ShellExView (shexview.exe)...
>
> ShellExView download
> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html
>
> Open ShellExView and disable the Nvidia right click Menu entries.
> These five entries...
> Extension Name: Desktop Explorer
> Extension Name: Desktop Explorer Menu
> Extension Name: DesktopContext Class
> Extension Name: NVIDIA CPL Extension
> Extension Name: nView Desktop Context Menu
>
> I will never buy anything made by NVIDIA ever again.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E15AA9D2-4E12-47A4-8794-BD0FBD389270@microsoft.com,
> Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I recently ran an nVidia option that added an item to a context menu. The
> > item was added as the last line of the menu list. It is displayed when I
> > right click on the task bar.
> >
> > Is there any way to reorder this list easily? Previously the last item was
> > "Close" but now is moved and I click the wrong item from habit.
> >
> > In reading over the questions and answers in the various listings for XP,
> > I can't help but feel fortunate for all the excellent advice from so many
> > contributors. To all, many thanks for the help.

Here's more info on context menus.

Add or remove entries in the New objects list (ShellNew)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm

Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

Customize Context Menus

Customize the right click context menus
http://www2.technobabble.com.au/article182.html

Creating Context Menu Handlers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/contextmenuhandlers.asp

Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu text
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/transmenu.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:B5E4DE82-FE78-4C65-9F82-41EAC4C52FB8@microsoft.com,
Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I replaced my "captive" ATI video capability with an nVidia card and must
> say I can't fault it. I did however take your advice and disabled the
> items you mentioned. I thank you for putting me on the trail of the
> ShellExView. Works like a charm.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Are you sre that you don't want to get rid of everything that Nvidia
>> added?
>>
>> If interested.
>> Download and install ShellExView (shexview.exe)...
>>
>> ShellExView download
>> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html
>>
>> Open ShellExView and disable the Nvidia right click Menu entries.
>> These five entries...
>> Extension Name: Desktop Explorer
>> Extension Name: Desktop Explorer Menu
>> Extension Name: DesktopContext Class
>> Extension Name: NVIDIA CPL Extension
>> Extension Name: nView Desktop Context Menu
>>
>> I will never buy anything made by NVIDIA ever again.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:E15AA9D2-4E12-47A4-8794-BD0FBD389270@microsoft.com,
>> Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I recently ran an nVidia option that added an item to a context menu.
>>> The item was added as the last line of the menu list. It is displayed
>>> when I right click on the task bar.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to reorder this list easily? Previously the last item
>>> was "Close" but now is moved and I click the wrong item from habit.
>>>
>>> In reading over the questions and answers in the various listings for
>>> XP, I can't help but feel fortunate for all the excellent advice from
>>> so many contributors. To all, many thanks for the help.

That is a gold mine of info. I have cut & pasted the info for future use.
Thank you.
Joe1

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Here's more info on context menus.
>
> Add or remove entries in the New objects list (ShellNew)
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm
>
> Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries)
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm
>
> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>
> Customize Context Menus
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-026
>
> Customize the right click context menus
> http://www2.technobabble.com.au/article182.html
>
> Creating Context Menu Handlers
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/contextmenuhandlers.asp
>
> Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
> http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html
>
> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>
> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>
> Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu text
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/transmenu.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:B5E4DE82-FE78-4C65-9F82-41EAC4C52FB8@microsoft.com,
> Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I replaced my "captive" ATI video capability with an nVidia card and must
> > say I can't fault it. I did however take your advice and disabled the
> > items you mentioned. I thank you for putting me on the trail of the
> > ShellExView. Works like a charm.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sre that you don't want to get rid of everything that Nvidia
> >> added?
> >>
> >> If interested.
> >> Download and install ShellExView (shexview.exe)...
> >>
> >> ShellExView download
> >> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html
> >>
> >> Open ShellExView and disable the Nvidia right click Menu entries.
> >> These five entries...
> >> Extension Name: Desktop Explorer
> >> Extension Name: Desktop Explorer Menu
> >> Extension Name: DesktopContext Class
> >> Extension Name: NVIDIA CPL Extension
> >> Extension Name: nView Desktop Context Menu
> >>
> >> I will never buy anything made by NVIDIA ever again.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:E15AA9D2-4E12-47A4-8794-BD0FBD389270@microsoft.com,
> >> Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Joe1,

When you get it fixed, post back and tell us what you did to fix it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:58137493-8550-4B3A-9052-A110CAE26CEA@microsoft.com,
Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> That is a gold mine of info. I have cut & pasted the info for future use.
> Thank you.
> Joe1
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Here's more info on context menus.
>>
>> Add or remove entries in the New objects list (ShellNew)
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnew.htm
>>
>> Add items to the New menu (aka ShellNew entries)
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/shellnewadd.htm
>>
>> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>>
>> Customize Context Menus
>> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-026
>>
>> Customize the right click context menus
>> http://www2.technobabble.com.au/article182.html
>>
>> Creating Context Menu Handlers

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/contextmenuhandlers.asp

>> Customizing Right-Click Menu Options in Windows
>> http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html
>>
>> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>>
>> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>>
>> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>>
>> Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu text
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/transmenu.htm
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:B5E4DE82-FE78-4C65-9F82-41EAC4C52FB8@microsoft.com,
>> Joe 1 <Joe1@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I replaced my "captive" ATI video capability with an nVidia card and
>>> must say I can't fault it. I did however take your advice and disabled
>>> the items you mentioned. I thank you for putting me on the trail of the
>>> ShellExView. Works like a charm.

Disregard my last post. I thought that I was replying to another thread.
:-D