http 500 internal server error

Hello
On a home pc using xp home and internet explorer. updated windows to sp1 and
internet explorer to sp 1 too. One particulat website "www.artrenewal.org"
returns http 500 internal server error. since then updated to xp and explorer
sp 2. but did nt fix problen. Tried Q831167. no good either. unfortinuatly
tre restore points seen to have been removed from earlier then sp1
installation. I Need A Fix on this.
Note the problem is only occouring on above web site on this computer. all
other sites ok ete

Ronan

It has nothing to do with your local computer. A 500 internal server error
means there is a problem with the computer/server that the web site is
hosted on. Nothing you can do to fix it.

Tom
"ronan1961" <ronan1961@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello
| On a home pc using xp home and internet explorer. updated windows to sp1
and
| internet explorer to sp 1 too. One particulat website "www.artrenewal.org"
| returns http 500 internal server error. since then updated to xp and
explorer
| sp 2. but did nt fix problen. Tried Q831167. no good either. unfortinuatly
| tre restore points seen to have been removed from earlier then sp1
| installation. I Need A Fix on this.
| Note the problem is only occouring on above web site on this computer. all
| other sites ok ete
|
| Ronan

ronan

Thank You for reply
But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
having as sense of humour failure over this.
Any idea on possible solutions

Ronan

"Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:

> It has nothing to do with your local computer. A 500 internal server error
> means there is a problem with the computer/server that the web site is
> hosted on. Nothing you can do to fix it.
>
> Tom
> "ronan1961" <ronan1961@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hello
> | On a home pc using xp home and internet explorer. updated windows to sp1
> and
> | internet explorer to sp 1 too. One particulat website "www.artrenewal.org"
> | returns http 500 internal server error. since then updated to xp and
> explorer
> | sp 2. but did nt fix problen. Tried Q831167. no good either. unfortinuatly
> | tre restore points seen to have been removed from earlier then sp1
> | installation. I Need A Fix on this.
> | Note the problem is only occouring on above web site on this computer. all
> | other sites ok ete
> |
> | Ronan

"=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYW4=?=" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
>Thank You for reply
>But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
>Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
>having as sense of humour failure over this.
>Any idea on possible solutions

I would check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Open
it with Notepad; if you see that domain listed in there, remove it.

Also try the obvious: clear the browser cache, cloe and reopen the
browser.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Stan Brown wrote:
> "=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYW4=?=" wrote in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
>
>>Thank You for reply
>>But from any other computer in house or else where can get onto site.
>>Problem seems specific to this one computer and my friend is an artist and
>>having as sense of humour failure over this.
>>Any idea on possible solutions
>

> I would check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Open
> it with Notepad; if you see that domain listed in there, remove it.
>
> Also try the obvious: clear the browser cache, cloe and reopen the
> browser.

Also check for AdWare and (possibly) viruses.

Cheers,

Cliff

ronan

Hi Thanks again.
Ok checked out the Hosts file Nothing saying "www.artrenewal.com or .org.
Ran microsoft anti spyware beta that removed some spy ware alright.
No result though on this site on that particular computer.
Any more Ideas please?

Ronan