ERROR CODE "...1603"

Raybo

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

For all you people having problems with this error code .. try this....

1) Click Start > Run
2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have
finished.
4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter.
5) Try to install MSN Messenger 6 again. Good luck

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Hi,

1603 is a generic error, there is no "magic solution" that will fix it for everyone.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"raybo" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:OZYpk4jyEHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> For all you people having problems with this error code .. try this....
>
> 1) Click Start > Run
> 2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have finished.
> 4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter.
> 5) Try to install MSN Messenger 6 again. Good luck

Raybo

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Yes i understand that , here is the "normal" error message which i believe
comes up......

"Msn messenger setup has failed with error code: '1603'. Please go to MSN
Messenger website to download software from there."

1) Click Start > Run
2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have
finished.
4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter.
5) Try to install MSN Messenger 6 again

If it works for some then it is of assistance surely?
If it doesnt then they need try something else i guess.