McAfee wont install

Command Center

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I installed Windows 10 two days ago and since then I've been trying to get McAfee to download. I bought Acafee 3 months ago and it worked great on Window 8.1. When ever I download the exe setup file after I click next I get "an unexpected error has occurred.The login process has experienced an unexpected server access error. Please try again." I've checked other forums and couldn't find and the answer. I've downloaded and ran the pre-install program and all that and it still doesn't work? Can someone please help!

Thanks for your time

Hello Command Center

May be some compatibility issue. You can try executing the installation file in compatibility mode. Here's how:

> Right-click the installation (.exe) file.

> Click Properties from the context menu.

> On the Properties box, go to the Compatibility tab.

> Check the available checkbox to enable compatibility mode for the file.

> Choose a previous version of Windows (Windows 8.1 for example) from the list.

> Click OK and then try installing the program.

You may also want to try Disabling Windows Defender before proceeding with the installation process.

Hope this helps.

Command Center

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

Thanks for the reply!

I did everything you said and it didn't even give me an error this time it just stopped loading and the installer window went grey. I tried it three times and i even used the McAfee free installer program and I got the same result?

Hello again Command Center

Did you try installing any anti-virus program other than McAfee? If not, please do so. Also, try installing one level older version of McAfee and see if it get installed successfully.

Let me know what output you get and we'll continue from there.

Good Luck!!

Command Center

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

I tried that and still the same result? I'm trying to install McAfee because I bought the year subscription and I'm assume its better than the free trials of other anti-virus sites?

Really appreciate all the help!!

jamesbarry2050

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
Download the MCPR tool
Navigate to the folder where you saved the file, and double-click MCPR.exe. When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next. At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
When prompted, type the Captcha information, which is case sensitive, to validate to application security, and then click Next.
When you see the message CleanUp Successful, restart your computer. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart.
If above steps did not help fix your problem, you need assistance from a certified technician. you can find more details visit this website http://www.technodefender.com/mcafee-antivirus-support