Windows error 0xc0000005

Tevawa

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Hello,

Everytile i want to start a program a window open telling me that error 0xc0000005 has occured.
I searched for help onoine but everytime people said that to repair it you had to go in the settings or anything related to windows...problem is in this current state i cant even search something on my computer it just froze.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
The most typical causes for the ‘0xC0000005: Access Violation’ error are: corrupt registry, malware, faulty RAM or device driver, incorrectly written, installed or updated software or even Windows security features.

How to fix the 0xC0000005 error
0xc0000005 error case 1: Registry

The 0xC0000005 error is often caused by poor maintenance of your computer and corrupt registry entries that pile up as you install and delete programs, especially when you install new programs over old ones that were not completely deleted. To get rid of the 0xC0000005 error you could check all the registry entries manually but this procedure is long and complicated. If you are not a computer expert checking your registry manually may take a few days. In...

Colif

Win 11 Master
The most typical causes for the ‘0xC0000005: Access Violation’ error are: corrupt registry, malware, faulty RAM or device driver, incorrectly written, installed or updated software or even Windows security features.

How to fix the 0xC0000005 error
0xc0000005 error case 1: Registry

The 0xC0000005 error is often caused by poor maintenance of your computer and corrupt registry entries that pile up as you install and delete programs, especially when you install new programs over old ones that were not completely deleted. To get rid of the 0xC0000005 error you could check all the registry entries manually but this procedure is long and complicated. If you are not a computer expert checking your registry manually may take a few days. In addition, you may damage important registry entries. So if you are not a PC guru use special software to repair your registry.

0xc0000005 error case 2: Virus

Your computer may have a virus and the 0xC0000005 error informs that the system prevented execution of a malicious application. Install the latest

0xc0000005 error case 3: Bad RAM Memory

Quite often this problem results from a faulty RAM memory. This is most likely the reason if you started getting the 0xC0000005 error message after installing a new RAM memory. To check this you can remove the new memory and see if the 0xC0000005 error disappears. If so, get a refund or ask to replace the faulty memory with a good one.
Don’t forget to do the following before you start removing the memory:
1) Turn off your computer and remove all cables (power, network, etc.)
2) Remove the battery (if you have a laptop)
3) Ground yourself out before you touch the memory!!(for example, touch metal screw on a lightswitch).

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2941079/games-applications-ctd-error-code-0xc0000005-memory-access-violation.html

on another PC, download free version of memtest86 and use it to make a USB. It doesn't need windows to run so boot off it and check your ram sticks, 1 stick at a time. Any errors means stick needs to be replaced

If you want to get into safe mode to try SFC, see below:
restart PC, at screen where you click to get the login screen, click the power icon
before clicking anything else, hold shift down and click restart
this loads advanced start up

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose safe mode with networking by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Solution