Multiple BSOD errors, possibly hardware related?

Astiral

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Solution
Instead of us guessing, I would follow posting instructions on top of the page and ask on here as they understand the tools they are using: https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

my guess is if its happening in battle.net its likely that netio.sys file again

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

we check errors and see if it shows a driver name as those could be caused by software as well as ram.

Astiral

Prominent
May 28, 2017
spoilered and numbered so it's not a literal wall of text
On Sun 5/28/2017 11:05:33 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052817-5640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x179673)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF8D, 0x9, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80E64839673)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0314337.inf_amd64_21ee54ffe6f42e4c\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
On Sun 5/28/2017 7:09:10 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052817-5656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFE083C6, 0xB, 0x1, 0xFFFFF801B7EE1528)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
On Sun 5/28/2017 4:01:56 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052817-6015-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF802D7ECCA89, 0xFFFF8780F511FDC0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
On Sun 5/28/2017 7:20:08 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052817-6640-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF801986A9A74)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
On Sun 5/28/2017 7:20:08 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052817-6640-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF801986A9A74)
On Sat 5/27/2017 3:56:25 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052717-5906-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFBB5CECA5A270)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF03, 0x0, 0xFFFFBB5CECA5A270, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
On Sun 5/21/2017 4:47:13 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052117-5437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO+0x1159D)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801B001159D, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
On Sat 5/20/2017 11:55:49 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052017-5375-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14EC00)
Bugcheck code: 0xF7 (0x4EFD97C19F20, 0x11A4264F3C41, 0xFFFFEE5BD9B0C3BE, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.
On Sat 5/20/2017 9:19:49 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052017-5734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0xABEF)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80BFF3FABEF, 0xFFFFCC81CF0693A0, 0x0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

my assumption based on what i see here is my graphics driver, but i've completely wiped the driver from my pc using both their own and third party (commonly used, forget the name) driver removers, so i'm not sure if that's really it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
1 & 9 are the graphics drivers.
7 is likely to be the lan drivers, check your motherboard web site
2,3,4,5 & 8 are all blaming windows kernel which often gets the blame for driver errors
6 also mentions kernel, not sure what this part actually does

fixing lan will fix part of it. Did you use DDU to wipe GPU drivers?

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

dumps may show us more

Colif

Win 11 Master
i didn't notice he had dumps already.. slaps self

45 minutes? hope i can find something. Can you make your name bold? I almost didn't see your notes.

try running memtest86 on the ram, 1 stick at a time. any errors are too many.. Any means you need to replace/remove stick. It creates a bootable USB so don't need to use windows.

that is based on finding MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE as the failure bucket on the Kmode exception not handled, I found this. So far the file names remain the same as before but if ram is faulty it would corrupt drivers, which might explain the GPU drivers.

one System service exception happened while using Chrome so probably the Netio.sys error and Lan drivers.

gardenman

Splendid
@Colif

It takes a while when you hit the analyze -v option. About 5 minutes (sometimes longer), because it downloads the symbols (.SYS files) from MS and places them on my PC. I found a SYM folder the other day with multiple copies of different SYS files on it. I deleted it and the debugger re-created it. It downloads all SYS files (drivers) from everyone's PC when I open a dump file... or so I assume. Not a big deal though, it's easy enough to empty it when needed. It's currently 151 megs, 417 files. It's basically a cache.

I can't make my name bold because it's posted on pastebin and they control what is bold and what isn't. I might work on the [program] to clean it up and make it space it out a little better later on and show my comments more cleanly.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Hopefully the memtest and LAN driver update works out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it downloads all sys files? they can't be from ops machine unless they included in dump. denugging is like an onion, i keep finding new layers I didn't know were there. Yes, I am going off topic too but I am learning new things too.

Astiral

Prominent
May 28, 2017
i ran memtest multiple times a couple months ago and it came up clean each time. and yes I used ddu, my motherboard drivers are up to date, and ive flashed the bios, but ill go through all the steps again as i have the time.
thank you all for your time thus far

Astiral

Prominent
May 28, 2017
reinstalled my graphics driver, updated LAN, also grabbed Intel's ME and chipset update off MSI's list for my MoBo. I'll leave the system on while im at work and see if i come back to a new dump file, hopefully not.

Astiral

Prominent
May 28, 2017
On Mon 5/29/2017 9:32:31 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052917-5812-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8016328A373, 0xFFFFBE01FAF15D80, 0x0)

Adding the minidump to the dropbox linked in the first post... i'm personally baffled by it, but i don't exactly have that much experience

Currently running memtest, fairly certain my board my actually be whats causing the problem

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, it appears as if the crash was in Battle.net.exe. Battle.net may or may not be the actual cause of the crash though.

Here's what the MS Debugger said: https://pastebin.com/zYEjRFCG
I've added a few comments.

It was error [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION]. I tried the .cxr and kb commands and got non-sense. (Sorry, I'm new to this stuff.)

I also found this: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2597753/bsod-system-service-exception.html
You also have .... Quote: "suberror code 0xC0000005"
See line 31 in the pastebin link above.

I can't help you with this, wait for someone else to reply. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Instead of us guessing, I would follow posting instructions on top of the page and ask on here as they understand the tools they are using: https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

my guess is if its happening in battle.net its likely that netio.sys file again

Solution