[SOLVED] I7 4790 does not work

Nov 20, 2018
I have an H81 asus motherboard
A gtx 1060 6gb
An Atlantis 600w psu
And an i7 4790
This pc has worked well for 2 years but in the last week it started to perform very badly.
The pc is really slow, it took 2 minutes for opening google i tried cinebench and it gave a result of 18.
If I try to run any games cpu usage is always at 100% and gpu at 8%
I dont know what is causing this, sometimes when i restart the pc it runs ok for alf an hour then it frezees
Ps termals are ok they dont go above 60C. 55 for the gpu.

Solution
Sounds like your cheap, low quality power supply is failing and causing the rest of the system to not be able to perform adequately, OR, you have a failing motherboard.

I'd replace that probably old, and definitely not very good even when it was new, power supply, with something trustworthy and capable, and see where you are after that. No matter what your problem is or isn't, it's going to be patently impossible to try and determine without a power supply that is known to be good and is reliable.

Have you tried the system without the graphics card installed, using only the integrated CPU graphics, in order to eliminate the graphics card as the problem AND to reduce the load on the PSU?
Sounds like your cheap, low quality power supply is failing and causing the rest of the system to not be able to perform adequately, OR, you have a failing motherboard.

I'd replace that probably old, and definitely not very good even when it was new, power supply, with something trustworthy and capable, and see where you are after that. No matter what your problem is or isn't, it's going to be patently impossible to try and determine without a power supply that is known to be good and is reliable.

Have you tried the system without the graphics card installed, using only the integrated CPU graphics, in order to eliminate the graphics card as the problem AND to reduce the load on the PSU?

Solution