Win98 drivers in Win95 / PCMCIA Wireless card in Win95

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

Hope someone can help me here :-s

I want to know if Windows98 drivers are usually compatible with Windows95.
I've read some things that use the same drivers for both, but others that
use different ones.

The reason for the question is that I want to install a wireless card on my
housemates laptop to hook her into the home network, all but one of the
cards I have looked at say they support Win98 and up, only one I have found
so far says it supports Win95.

I know Win95 has "issues" with PCMCIA cards (that can be worked around
though) so I'm hoping that maybe that's why no one lists Win95
compatibility, but hopefully someone can shed a little more light on this
for me.

And before everyone says "just upgrade to a newer version of Windows" my
housemate is adamant that she doesn't want to, so that's a no go!

The particular card I am interested in finding out compatibility on is the
"D-Link DWL-650+" (http://www.d-link.co.uk/pages/products/dwl650plus.asp)

The only one I've found that says it is Win95 compatible is the "Belkin
F5D6020U"
(http://www.wireless4u.co.uk/products/detail.asp?ProductID=F5D6020U)

Failing that, can anyone point me in the direction of a PCMCIA wireless card
that is 95 compatible?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win95.networking,microsoft.public.win95.setup (More info?)

If a manufacturer says that Win98 is required, it's generally the core
changes in Win98 that are needed so attempting to use Win98 drivers on a
Win95 system is not likely to work and may render the system unbootable IF
you could get them to install.

PattyL