Windows Protection Error while installing Win 95

Hi,
I am having trouble installing Win 95 on HP Compaq dc5000sf desktop. I
formatted the HDD using partition magic for FAT partition. The installtion
looked working fine until the last step for restarting the machine after what
looked like successful installtion. On restart, I saw the message " While
Initializing IOS: Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your
computer". I tried restarting and it didnot help. I tried to reboot to safe
mode and it didnot let me. Then I also attempted to load device driver one at
a time as per instruction in the Knowledgebase
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us=243039) but it
didnot help. I am stuck.
Please help.
Thanks
Sunny

See if this applies to you.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/techpubs/customer_advisories/DB010327_CW01_2.html

Ben

"Sunny Kaler" <Sunny Kaler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A2B410-0B24-46FC-850E-1FB6E2AF00A0@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am having trouble installing Win 95 on HP Compaq dc5000sf desktop. I
> formatted the HDD using partition magic for FAT partition. The installtion
> looked working fine until the last step for restarting the machine after what
> looked like successful installtion. On restart, I saw the message " While
> Initializing IOS: Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your
> computer". I tried restarting and it didnot help. I tried to reboot to safe
> mode and it didnot let me. Then I also attempted to load device driver one at
> a time as per instruction in the Knowledgebase
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us=243039) but it
> didnot help. I am stuck.
> Please help.
> Thanks
> Sunny

This was helpful, but I am stuck up trying to install the Network Adapter
hardware. It doesnot have the Network Adapter for "Broadcom" and it doesnot
accept the driver I provide in floppy drive.
How do i proceed?
Thanks
Sunny

"Ben Myers" wrote:

> See if this applies to you.
>
> http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/techpubs/customer_advisories/DB010327_CW01_2.html
>
> Ben
>
> "Sunny Kaler" <Sunny Kaler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A2B410-0B24-46FC-850E-1FB6E2AF00A0@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I am having trouble installing Win 95 on HP Compaq dc5000sf desktop. I
> > formatted the HDD using partition magic for FAT partition. The installtion
> > looked working fine until the last step for restarting the machine after what
> > looked like successful installtion. On restart, I saw the message " While
> > Initializing IOS: Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your
> > computer". I tried restarting and it didnot help. I tried to reboot to safe
> > mode and it didnot let me. Then I also attempted to load device driver one at
> > a time as per instruction in the Knowledgebase
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us=243039) but it
> > didnot help. I am stuck.
> > Please help.
> > Thanks
> > Sunny

http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

Ben

"Sunny Kaler" <SunnyKaler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9582C4-A2F2-4B92-AB62-DE4A58B4373C@microsoft.com...
> This was helpful, but I am stuck up trying to install the Network Adapter
> hardware. It doesnot have the Network Adapter for "Broadcom" and it doesnot
> accept the driver I provide in floppy drive.
> How do i proceed?
> Thanks
> Sunny
>
> "Ben Myers" wrote:
>
> > See if this applies to you.
> >
> > http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/techpubs/customer_advisories/DB010327_CW01_2.html
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > "Sunny Kaler" <Sunny Kaler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A2B410-0B24-46FC-850E-1FB6E2AF00A0@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > > I am having trouble installing Win 95 on HP Compaq dc5000sf desktop. I
> > > formatted the HDD using partition magic for FAT partition. The installtion
> > > looked working fine until the last step for restarting the machine after what
> > > looked like successful installtion. On restart, I saw the message " While
> > > Initializing IOS: Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your
> > > computer". I tried restarting and it didnot help. I tried to reboot to safe
> > > mode and it didnot let me. Then I also attempted to load device driver one at
> > > a time as per instruction in the Knowledgebase
> > > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us=243039) but it
> > > didnot help. I am stuck.
> > > Please help.
> > > Thanks
> > > Sunny

Broadcom doesnot support below Win 98.

"Ben Myers" wrote:

> http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php
>
> Ben
>
> "Sunny Kaler" <SunnyKaler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9582C4-A2F2-4B92-AB62-DE4A58B4373C@microsoft.com...
> > This was helpful, but I am stuck up trying to install the Network Adapter
> > hardware. It doesnot have the Network Adapter for "Broadcom" and it doesnot
> > accept the driver I provide in floppy drive.
> > How do i proceed?
> > Thanks
> > Sunny
> >
> > "Ben Myers" wrote:
> >
> > > See if this applies to you.
> > >
> > > http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/techpubs/customer_advisories/DB010327_CW01_2.html
> > >
> > > Ben

HAGGIS

> Broadcom doesnot support below Win 98.
>
> "Ben Myers" wrote:
>
>> http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> "Sunny Kaler" <SunnyKaler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This was helpful, but I am stuck up trying to install the Network
>> > Adapter
>> > hardware. It doesnot have the Network Adapter for "Broadcom" and it
>> > doesnot
>> > accept the driver I provide in floppy drive.
>> > How do i proceed?
>> > Thanks
>> > Sunny

neither does compaq....why are you trying to install win95 on a newer
computer ?

AFAIK that system shipped with winXP