adding environment variables via GPO

ajay

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

Hi,

I need to add some machine environment variables to a number of
machines, is there any way of doing this via GPO or logon script. all i
can find is user variables. SETX does allow but you have to have admin
rights so this is no good.

any help would be appreciated,

AJay

Hi,

ajay@ajayshah.com schrieb:
> I need to add some machine environment variables to a number of
> machines, is there any way of doing this via GPO or logon script.

Sample of changing %temp%, just modify it to your settings.

---- set.adm ----
CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY "Environment"
POLICY "Self dfined variables"
KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment"
PART "Set MyVar1 =" EDITTEXT
DEFAULT "MyValue1"
VALUENAME MyVar1 ; EXPANDABLETEXT
; add expandabletext if it can contain Variables itself
END PART
END POLICY
END CATEGORY

---- set.adm ----

HTH
Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

Hi AJay,

You can use startup script to change

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

for any system E.V.

br,
Denis