ACER aspire 5100 need to reset to factory settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl Collins

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Hello,
I have no recovery disk for this computer and I want to reset it to the factory condition, meaning delete everything including this virus that is causing all kinds of crazy things. I have tried f11, alt+f10, holding down zero, typing recovery in start box, and none of that has worked to do anything but get to the microsoft blue screen and boot up. Is there anything else I can do? It makes this ear piercing beep when starting up when I am pressing any of those "f" keys.
Thank you for any help.

Solution
F2.
if there isn't a recovery disk then how about checking for a restore partition on your HDD.

restart of F2 before windows starts logging on. At the very bottom of the DOS like window, there should be an option and I've forgotten what it states exactly, but if you will move the down arrow to get there, push Enter and you should see a Menu of thing you can ask the machine to do for you. System Restore, current configuration, and what you want. Restore the system to factory specs

verbalizer

Distinguished
F2.
if there isn't a recovery disk then how about checking for a restore partition on your HDD.

restart of F2 before windows starts logging on. At the very bottom of the DOS like window, there should be an option and I've forgotten what it states exactly, but if you will move the down arrow to get there, push Enter and you should see a Menu of thing you can ask the machine to do for you. System Restore, current configuration, and what you want. Restore the system to factory specs

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.