Turning on spell check for outlook express

I have a laptop and desktop system both running xp when i go to outlook
express and go to tools and tab to options under options on my laptop
there is a tab for spelling but under options on my desktop there is no
tab for spelling,so when i go to check spelling on the desktop spelling
is greyed in also if i go to insert,picture that is greyed in also.
can anyone tell me where to go on my desktop to activate spell check
and other. :confused:

--
Bill Weil

[[Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
command is not available.]]

If you do and it still doesn't work.

Scroll down to 9
Why doesn't spell check work?
Top ten countdown in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/OEtopten.mspx

Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6
http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html

-----

CSAPI3T1.DLL

You can download it from here:
http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/csapi3t1.htm

Or a better way to get it from your CD
http://www.theeldergeek.com/oe_spellcheck.htm

If you prefer not to expand the file from your own XP CD or can't get the
procedure to work properly; Download Expanded CSAPI3T1.DLL File
directly into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof
http://www.theeldergeek.com/Downloads/CSAPI3T1.zip

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Bill.Weil.1rvjpn@pcbanter.net,
Bill Weil <Bill.Weil.1rvjpn@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:

"Bill Weil" <Bill.Weil.1rvjpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> I have a laptop and desktop system both running xp when i go to
> outlook express and go to tools and tab to options under options on
> my laptop there is a tab for spelling but under options on my desktop
> there is no tab for spelling,so when i go to check spelling on the
> desktop spelling is greyed in also if i go to insert,picture that is
> greyed in also. can anyone tell me where to go on my desktop to
> activate spell check and other. :confused:

OE does not come with a spelling checker. It uses the spelling checker from
any Office program that has one. Do you have such a program?

If not you could try one of these:

Free spellchecker.
which I use on my laptop, which has Works.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2952&cat=10A

$15 shareware
http://www.spellchecker.com/

And here's a freeware that checks your spelling as you type:
TinySpell
http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/

See also:
Bill James' SpellCheck Fix