XD Picture Card to SD Adapter

j29ville

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I've been googling for xD to SD adapters, but all the threads I've come upon say that's impossible (most were written a couple of years ago). Is that still true today?

I mean, they're similar in size anyway right, so can they just come up with an adapter? Would make converting my xD collection into SD for my new LX3 a lot easier.

le13enforce

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I've yet to see one. The problem is that both cards are practically the same size, so designing an adapter to make an xD fit into an internal SD slot is practically impossible.

Since you seem to just want import files into your computer, I suggest you just get a multi-card reader. Decent ones are very cheap nowadays.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
just because the look the same physically does not mean that that are at all the same otherwise. it's very possible that there is no way to make an adapter for it. but honestly its not much of a deal since ten million-in-one card readers barely cost anything these days.

roelfbackus

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I have a similar problem. Own a midifile-player that use SM (SmartMedia max. 128 mB) card.
But they're obsolete now. So bought me a XD tot SM adapter.
Same story with with XD, hard to find, lots of gigabytes that the player can't handle and expensive. So in fact need a SD to SM adapter, or a SD to XD, when I use the first adapter as well.
So you would say buy another midiplayer...also obsolete, there aren't any.

Roelf Backus
Netherlands