Abit ?

scomeau1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
I have been using DFI motherboards for the last two computers and are thinking of getting an ABIT motherboard for the LGA 775 Socket and would like your reviews on the ABIT boards.

Thanks for any help you can give me !

Scott

scomeau1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

This is for a system that I all ready have and are having system hardware problems with.

So ABIT is stopping making motherboards now ?

Thanks Scott

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
The last Abit motherboard I had was for an Athlon XP 2800. Didn't have any problems with it though. Gigabyte and Asus are also good brands worth looking into.

On a side note, you are sure the motherboard is the problem? Haven't had too many motherboards fail on me. Usually it is something else.

scomeau1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

Your right they are great boards, DFI Makes nice boards also !

Scott

scomeau1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
No I'm not sure the motherboard is the problem - Looks like a memory problem now - C1 error on the DFI board.

I'm going to replace the power supply and video card first because they needed an upgrade.

If that don't work then I will order the memory chips and go from there.

Scott

scomeau1

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008

No I have not. I have ordered a new power supply and video card because the system needed an upgrade anyway. I'll try the power supply first.

I don't have any video at all the system does not try to boot at all. I'm going to this weekend reset the cmos on the board and try the new power supply first and see what happens.

I guess I have to get to boot to set the timings and voltage settings for the memory modules are correct.

How do you set these setting ?

Thanks for your help !

Scott