No post code 21 evga 680i sli

tanvirul

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
my pc wont post and the error code on the motherboard is 21 i have a evga i680 sli, there is literally no responses on the other posts ive found on this issue its a HPM HPM init Init Heuristic Power Management problem thats what post 21 code is, i dont know what that means or how to fix so if anyone knows please let me know

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/po [...] 73338.html

this is literally the problem im having, it didnt post a week ago and i didnt do much but waited a couple hours an it worked, this time nothing is working i disconnected and reset a lot of the hardware

at least if someone knows what the problem is so i know what to replace it would be helpful, since no one seems to know anything about this HPM problem

Can u reset the BIOS?
Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
[flash=480,270]http://www.youtube.com/v/rdHH9KrceR0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

tanvirul

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
ok i removed the battery and put it back in then plugged in the power cord and turned it on and it still doesnt post and the error code now is FF instead of 21, i dont know if things just got a lot worse but thats what it seems like now, my specs also are:

core 2 quad 2.6ghz
8800 gts
4gb corsair xms
anex earthwatts 500W

everything has been running smoothly for a long time, i really dont know where things started to go wrong

tanvirul

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
ok i took out the mobo battery and pushed the plugs back in and now im back to the post code 21 error, its still not posting, and i havnt added anything to this pc and no hardware was added or taken out in a long time, this just randomly happened

tanvirul

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
yeah the number 21 is lit in LED thats how i know its the code, the mobo has a LED to let you know what problem you might be having and the LED lights up 21, and at one point it lit up FF, but back to 21 now, so it seems like 21, which is the code for HPM init Init Heuristic Power Management, is the real problem, but it seems like no one on the internet has a solution to this problem since theres several posts but barely any responses or solutions

tanvirul

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
yeah they are all lit, everything looks normal, fans are a lot louder than usual which makes me think they are running at max speed, thats the only difference i notice, of course other than it not posting and booting

djmenez10

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Well, If all the LEDs are lit (i.e. the one by the CPU, the one by your memory and so on) Then your CPU and Memory might be bad also. These LEDs should turn off if there is nothing wrong with these parts.

I had an old EVGA 780 Sli FTW that I thought had gone bad. So I RMAd and when I got it back and I still could not get it to post even though the LED POST code read out was FF. I looked around again and noticed a red LED by the right side of the CPU was lit solid. I swapped it out and it POSTed. I actually had a bad CPU.

I'm not sure what LEDs your looking at but they're not all suppose to stay on. They should light up shortly and turn off. This indicates that the part is working fine.

tanvirul

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
there are no red led's on, there is a blue, green and orange small dot LED's they are all in the same area of the mobo about 1 inch apart from each other in a triangle shape the green and orange are right next to each other and the blue one is a right angle from the green one

onechop

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
mate i had the exact same board. same thing happend just would not boot i even tryd another cpu ram the lot then.i stripped the north bridge fan of and it had blown so prepare for the worst sorry :cry: