Windows XP "blue screen" machine check exception error

System: Amd 64 3500 Gigabyte MB G8NF-9 (PCI Express) 1 gig ram. Version 4
(most recent) bios most recent nforce4 chipset drivers. windows XP Home
Edition OEM SP2

I often receive a "machine check exception" "blue screen of death" when
booting, although it usually boots normally when it automatically
resets/restarts the boot process.

The screen flashes so fast before reboot that of course the complete text is
unreadable. I could find no documentation help for this type of error in help
and support that comes with winXP or at on MS site.

Anybody have a clue how to keep it from "blue screen of deathing" me?

MF

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
(9C)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"mefletcher" <mefletcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> System: Amd 64 3500 Gigabyte MB G8NF-9 (PCI Express) 1 gig ram. Version 4
> (most recent) bios most recent nforce4 chipset drivers. windows XP Home
> Edition OEM SP2
>
> I often receive a "machine check exception" "blue screen of death" when
> booting, although it usually boots normally when it automatically
> resets/restarts the boot process.
>
> The screen flashes so fast before reboot that of course the complete text
> is
> unreadable. I could find no documentation help for this type of error in
> help
> and support that comes with winXP or at on MS site.
>
> Anybody have a clue how to keep it from "blue screen of deathing" me?
>
> MF

Thanks, unfortunately however, none of the causes listed for this error
appear to apply to my machine (not overclocking, not overheating, memory is
correct type etc.)

I did recently go the verion 4 (F4) bios for this motherboard, and perhaps
it is possible that XP is having problems identifying the AMD64 processor in
this bios version and that could be generating an error? Just a guess, any
ideas welcome. I will however send a note to GIGABYTE and see if anyone else
is having problems wit h the version 4 bios for the MB.

MF