Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Dragon Ball Xenoverse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Do you guys know what is happening this week? Because it's exciting news. This week's exciting news is the North American release of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F'!!

I don't know about you all, but I grew up with DBZ and my friends and I have tried to Kamehameha each other countless times (one doofus preferred the Destructo Disk; super lame). So not only is the news of this movie extremely exciting, but then there is the anime reboot later this year as well?! My inner child is crying with joy.

And so it brings me great pleasure to announce this week's giveaway: Dragon Ball Xenoverse!! We've only got two copies but don't worry, contest entry is simple: it's time for a villain showdown!

There was some talk about the Final Fantasy villains last week, so let's bring it here this time! Who do you think was the greatest Dragon Ball villain (Dragon Ball, DBZ, Dragon Ball GT *barf*, the various movies) and why? Think any of them will make an appearance in the new series? Maybe they've turned over a new leaf? MAYBE KRILLIN BECOMES THE GREATEST VILLAIN IN THE DBZ UNIVERSE?!

Also, I realize that the movie and series have been available in Japanese for some time. If you have to mention anything from them, please put them into spoiler tags. Seriously, if you spoil the new movie or the series for anybody, you are disqualified automatically! Winners will be randomly selected from among the participants, so everybody's got an equal chance of winning :)

Contest will run until 12 PM EDT on Friday, August 7th. That’s 12:00 noon. Winners will receive their prize via Steam gifts; a Steam account is required to receive and to play the game. One entry per user. Attempts to cheat the system will result in automatic disqualification.

Be sure to join our Steam group! We’re actively looking for volunteers to write community reviews for games, so if you’re interested, please reach out to me for more details!

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Cell. After all, he contained the sum of all the heroes up to that point, with Namekian, Saiyen, and Human blood plus the Android technology. Plus he had a flair for the dramatic.

DonnyIII

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Cell. I mean what's better than a shit ton of forms including absorving people? It's always exciting seeing into what will Cell turn next. Plus the guy was so badass he formed a tournament just because you know... he could and he was the most powerful being on Earth.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
I liked Majin Buu. Because he was contradictory, a big fat happy murdering psychopath super strong bad guy. He made me laugh when I saw him, sad when Vegeta died trying to kill him, happy when he sang the pajama song. He was also the only bad guy in the show who ultimately (in his thinner form) got killed by a genki dama.

Daniel Ladishew

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
As Dragonball has the uncanny ability to turn ANY villain who survives into a like-able continuing character, I find this to be a interesting question. When it comes down to it tho, I feel like to qualify as the best villain, you have to keep your character traits as close to original even after your 'turned' into a friend. With that criteria, the best one is obviously Vegeta. Despite his continual defeat and being out progressed by Goku and even others, he maintains his pride, arrogance and the drive to be the best that made him the character he was. For me, nothing gets you as excited as Vegeta powering up in righteous anger to (even if momentarily) surpass all expectations of power and lay down some serious pain.

SMU_Pony

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Has to be Frieza. The whole story arc on Namek was just epic, and got topped off with Frieza and his "This isn't even my final form" awesomeness. I had enjoyed watching DBZ from the start, but that part of the show is what really made me fall in love with it. :)

couchgamer

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
My vote is for Beerus. He has most likely destroyed more worlds/people than all of the other DBZ villains combined.

jonroberts26

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I love free games, but i gotta be honest... i in must be too old. I havent the slightest idea what you all are talking about. Good luck all!

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Vegeta, I am sure he will have his big chance at some later date. Until then, enjoy all that money. It probably should be Piccolo, but he hasn't been relevant for sometime now.

squibbfire

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009

brolly was pretty badass...

Bhuel Buss

Reputable
May 19, 2015
Frieza for sure. Just so over-the-top, crazy, yet hilarious with his wit and humour. Plus he's so awesomely flamboyant.

Status
Not open for further replies.