IPS panel vs ADS panel vs PVA panel vs MVA panel for gaming? which one has lowest response time, input lag & display lag?

DARK__

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Please arrange this panels in ascending order according to their 'lower response time, input lag & display lag'.

Solution
There are three main types of panel in current LCD panels (and simular sub-types) all differ in pixel physical structure and transistor control gate number.

1) IPS, SIPS, AIPS, HIPS, = All based on simular pixel-valve design, Good Contrast (800:1 to as high as 1200:1, the highest color accuaracy, and generally has the 2nd fastest panel responce (ms) overall, and widest viewing angles (178 degress from both sides of the center axis), and often (but not always) the highest input lag.

2) VA/MVA/PVA = All based on simular pixel-valve design, The best Contrast (1000:1 to as high as 2000:1), high color accuaracy, and generally has the 3rd fastest panel responce (ms) overall, and the 2nd widest viewing angles (170 to 176 degress from...

DARK__

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015

That means panel affects only response time & has nothing to do with other types of lags??

I am buying a monitor with ADS panel. Where does this ADS panel stands in terms of response time comparing with IPS panel & VA panel??
How much difference would I get??

JWoody

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
There are three main types of panel in current LCD panels (and simular sub-types) all differ in pixel physical structure and transistor control gate number.

1) IPS, SIPS, AIPS, HIPS, = All based on simular pixel-valve design, Good Contrast (800:1 to as high as 1200:1, the highest color accuaracy, and generally has the 2nd fastest panel responce (ms) overall, and widest viewing angles (178 degress from both sides of the center axis), and often (but not always) the highest input lag.

2) VA/MVA/PVA = All based on simular pixel-valve design, The best Contrast (1000:1 to as high as 2000:1), high color accuaracy, and generally has the 3rd fastest panel responce (ms) overall, and the 2nd widest viewing angles (170 to 176 degress from both sides of the center axis), and often comes in on the middle for input lag.

3) TN+Film = The lowest Contrast of the three (700:1 to as high as 1000:1), mediocre color accuaracy, and generally has the fastest panel responce (ms) overall of all three main panel types, but the narrowest viewing angles (160 to 170 degress from both sides of the center axis), and often comes in on the lowest for input lag.

Input lag is mostly (but the panel type does have a LITTLE, but not much to do with it) dependinent on the Panels contol board and other electronics depending on company design and it denotes how long it takes for your input actions to translate to an display (visual) on-screen action/reaction.

I hope that pretty much explains it, if you need even deeper technical detail ill be happy to help.

Solution

DARK__

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015

I am going to buy this 'Panasonic TH-32C470DX' as my monitor.
It says it has 'ADS panel (same as IPS panel)'

here is the link http://
or
http://

Will this ADS panel be able to perform as good as IPS panel in all aspects (response time, wide viewing angle, color accuracy.... . etc) ????

Can I count on it as IPS panel??

JWoody

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
Yeah there pretty much the same though as i understand it a Bit better than standard IPS in contrast ratio.

I myself refuse to use anything less than an MVA or IPS (Even though I prefer IPS) color accuracy can actually be quite usefull in gaming. 144Hz would be nice, but i find 60Hz to be enough, it all comes down to preferance.

(As a side note; I also dont find Freesync and Gsync usefull enough to have, in my experiance adaptive Vsync works just fine if you have the GPU power)