How to fix BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (klif.sys)?

sam444

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hi, About a week ago a received a BSOD while using my laptop stating the following error:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.sys)

Every time I've turned on my computer since then I've been getting another BSOD at the login screen stating:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (klif.sys)

From what I've researched this is apparently an issue with kaspersky internet security program or my computer memory? The only problem is I can't log in to uninstall kaspersky and I can't uninstall it in safe mode. I know I can use safemsi to uninstall but I don't have that installed on my computer so I have no way of getting it. I'm not sure how I'd be able to troubleshoot a memory problem either.

Anyway, I'm sorta stuck right now since I can't get log on without crashing. I also don't have any usb recovery copies of Windows 10. I was actually able to log in once, but it was extremely slow and it was before I realized I should try uninstalling kaspersky so I didn't. I've also BSOD with my nvidia graphic card in the past (system thread exception not handled (vwififlt)). Not sure if the graphics card could be the problem. But any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PC Specs:
-Lenovo y50
-Nvidia GeForce gtx 860m 4gb
-4th generation Intel core i7 4710HQ
-8gb PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM
-hybrid 1tb 5400 rpm+8gb sshd (going to be replacing with Samsung 850 EVO)
-Windows 10

see if you can get into bios and look for a setting to disable fast boot, then try to boot into windows safe mode.
f8 or shift+f8 then update your network driver or remove the virus scanner.
(very common for old network drivers to mess up nvidia graphics cards that have shadowplay enabled, and they also mess up virus scanners.)

sam444

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

I was able to change some of the kaspersky settings in safe mode. I made it so it does not automatically run on startup. After changing this I was able to log on so I immediately tried deleting kaspersky. The uninstall was going smoothly and was at 100%... and then I got the same BSOD again. I'm now able to log on, but I'm not sure how to uninstall kaspersky without crashing (maybe I should try safemsi now?). I'm only having some minor issues now like the start menu is now working. Anyway, I'm not to sure what to do now. Maybe I should just do some system scans or something.

horlent

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
My Windows 10 was in a loop starting to the usual display of icons, but only for few seconds to crash in blue screen, mostly with following error: Attemped_write_to_read_only_memory or KMode_exception not_handled or Pages_Fault_in nonpaged_area (Klif.sys).
The solution was to delete the driver Klif.sys located in c:\Windows\System32\drivers\ as well as in c:\Windows\System32\DRUSTORE\klif.............\klif.sys.
I do the job putting the faulty HD system into a SATA docking station attached to a laptop. Then I do a search for the klif.sys files.

It is a pity that Windows 10 fully crash because of such a file.