Google is targeting the companies who have yet to release a tablet with its Google Chrome OS Tablet UI. Shown off in a clip is a conceptual tablet UI by Google Chrome’s designer Glen Murphy.
Uploaded to the official Google Chromium Projects website this week, the video is described as "visual explorations of how a Chrome OS tablet UI might look in hardware."
Possible features for the UI include:
- Keyboard interaction with the screen: anchored, split, attached to focus.
- Launchers as an overlay, providing touch or search as means to access web sites.
- Contextual actions triggered via dwell.
- Zooming UI for multiple tabs
- Tabs presented along the side of the screen
- Creating multiple browsers on screen using a launcher
The post on the Chromium site also includes several mock-ups of a tablet running Chrome OS. While HTC was rumored to be working on a Google tablet, it is not yet known if these renderings are related to those reports.
For more images, click here.