Most games aren't taxing enough on mobile graphics processors that you'd notice a difference between the iPhone 4 and 4S. If you're accustomed to playing Angry Birds and filling out crossword puzzles, there's really no reason to buy an iPhone 4S for its added graphics muscle. The PowerVR SGX 543MP2 is simply overkill.
On the other hand, if you enjoy games like Infinity Blade or Real Racing 2, you will see clear improvement. The developers behind those titles include code paths able to exploit Apple's latest hardware.
- iPhone 4S: Looks Can Be Deceiving
- More CPU Horsepower Equals Better Experience
- GPU Performance: Leaving The Competition In The Dust
- Better Gaming: Infinity Blade And Real Racing 2 HD
- Antenna-Gate: Cellular Signal Woes, Be Gone
- Wireless Speeds: Big Improvements In 802.11n
- First Impressions Of iPhone 4S' New Hardware