RIM is already preparing to release a few BlackBerry 10 phones such as "Liverpool" and "London". If a leaked internal slide is anything to go by, it seems the financially troubled firm may have another BlackBerry phone called "Aristo".
Aristo, which means "the best" in Greek, boasts a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core Krait processor clocked at 1.5GHz. In addition, the unannounced smartphone also features 2GB of RAM and a 4.65-inch OLED display that delivers HD resolution. OCTA Glass made by Samsung is also said to be included, which apparently excludes an extra touch screen layer (the device will be incorporating the touch sensor directly onto the AMOLED panel).
While it's not the thinnest smartphone due to launch on the market, the BlackBerry 10 Aristo is still an impressive 8.85mm thick. NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, microHDMI out, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA and microUSB are other notable features.
As for the device's camera, a 2MP front-facing camera capable of shooting 720p video is listed, with an 8MP 1080p-capable camera situated at the back. The leaked slide also suggests that the Aristo will come equipped with a 2,800mAh battery, as well as 16GB of internal storage.
The full list of specs can be seen below.
- Qualcomm APQ8064 Krait Quad Core 1.5GHz
- 136 x 68 x 8.85mm GSM – Quad band (not specified) – WCDMA – 2100/1900/850-850MHz – LTE – AWS/700/1900/850MHz – EU/APAC – GSM – Quad band (not specified) – WCDMA – 2100/1900/850-850/900MHz – LTE – 1800/2.6GHz/800/900MHz
- OCTA Glass OLED 4.65″ – 1280 x 720 – 24 bit Colour – 16:9
- Capacitive All Touch
- 2GB RAM + 16GB Flash
- Hot Swappable MicroSD slot 16GB MicroSD card
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4GHz/5GHz 4G Mobile Hotspot
- MicroUSB – MicroHDMI – Wifi Direct – NFC – DLNA – Bluetooth 4.0
- Stereo speakers – 4 Microphones – Noise Reduction – Wideband AMR
- 2800mAh sealed battery with non-removeable door
- Footprint 104 x 57.1 x 3.4mm (20H use for Multimedia user)