Both Spinpoint F drives perform alike in our PCMark05 application test. However, the EcoGreen F is substantially slower here; the difference is noticeable.
We already mentioned the low surface temperature of the EcoGreen F drive as a positive, which is a result of the reduced spindle speed.
Should you be looking for a drive to store data that isn’t accessed frequently, low idle power is important, as the drive will probably be in this operating mode most of the time. Here we see 4.3 W idle versus 6.8 W or even 7.2 W, which is a huge difference!
- Mainstream, Business or Eco? Samsung Terabyte Drives Compared
- Eco? Should You Care?
- Samsung Spinpoint F, RAID, EcoGreen
- Drive Comparison Table and Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Access Time and I/O Performance
- Application Performance, Temperature, Power Requirements
- Workstation I/O Performance per Watt
- Streaming Read Performance per Watt