For SBM performance testing, power saving features such as CPU Enhanced Halt and CPU EIST Function were both disabled, and Windows Vista’s power option was set to High Performance. Let’s take a look at the total system power usage measured from the AC source.
We just started measuring power consumption last month and a communication snafu prevented a couple of these consumption measurements from being available for comparison. We can see that this month’s stock-clocked system consumes quite a bit more power than last month’s system and it even consumes more power at idle than last month’s overclocked system. The small overclock achieved with this month’s graphics card led to a much smaller increase in full GPU-load consumption compared to the increased power draw of the CPU clock speeds at full CPU load.
- Higher FPS
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Unreal Tournament 3
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict And Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption