Pittsburgh (PA) - Two not-so-smart criminals are lucky to be alive after being shocked by the very wire they tried to steal. 24-year-old Daniel Jay Basinger and 27-year-old Kevin Lee Lytle apparently didn’t do too well in science class and climbed a power pole to grab a wire that was attached to a live transformer. Both suffered electrical burns and fled the scene to the local hospital for treatment.
The pair are now being charged with attempted theft and criminal mischief. Lytle is still in the hospital for his injuries.
Read more ... Pittsburghlive.com.
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Join the experts who read Tom's Hardware for the inside track on enthusiast PC tech news — and have for over 25 years. We'll send breaking news and in-depth reviews of CPUs, GPUs, AI, maker hardware and more straight to your inbox.
these people are human?Reply
The tone of the article sounds like "The Darwin Awards"... probably they're honorable mentions there by now.Reply
Reminds me of the time when I heard in the news that two kids got electrocuted trying to hang their sneakers on telephone lines....trying to mimic the movie "Like Mike" and get basketball skills. lolReply
Probably after the grounding wire? I can only hope they were smart enough to distinguish between the wires. In any case, it seems they got the wrong wire.Reply