Nvidia has posted its new drivers for its GeForce graphics cards. This version is WHQL version 314.22. The new performance improvements that come along with it are quite promising compared to the previous WHQL driver release, the 314.07 drivers. Some of the newer Beta drivers carried similar performance improvements.
Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:
- GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 41% faster in BioShock InfiniteUp to 60% faster in Tomb RaiderUp to 23% faster in Sniper Elite V2Up to 13% faster in Sleeping Dogs
- GeForce GTX 680 SLI:
- Up to 21% faster in Sniper Elite V2Up to 14% faster in Sleeping Dogs Up to 10% faster in StarCraft IIUp to 15% faster in Civilization V
NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):
- Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army– Added DX11 SLI profile
- Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter– Added DX9 SLI profile
- BioShock Infinite– Added AO profile
NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds the following profiles (since GeForce 314.14 drivers):
- MUD -rated Good
- Brutal Legend- rated Good
- Tomb Raider -updated rating to Good
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.
The drivers can be found for download here.