The RTX 3070 (opens in new tab) has just launched, and Nvidia wasted no time launching a new game ready driver (opens in new tab) to pair it with. The new driver 457.09 (opens in new tab) adds official support for the RTX 3070 GPU and five new games, including Watch Dogs: Legion, Dirt 5, Ghostrunner, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
The RTX 3070 is Nvidia's latest mid-range GPU on the new Ampere architecture featuring 5888 CUDA cores and 8GB of GDDR6. The GPU matches RTX 2080 Ti performance for a mere $500.
In addition to the five newly supported titles, driver 457.09 also includes official compatibility with four additional G-Sync Compatible displays: the Acer XB323U GX, Asus VG279QL1A, Dell AW2521HFLA, and Gigabyte AORUS FI25F. All featuring high refresh rates of 165hz or 240hz.
Finally, GeForce Experience gets some love with more updates to its "optimal game settings" functionality, featuring 16 additional games that now support the feature. The most noteworthy addition is EA's new Star Wars: Squadrons space shooter, which came out very recently. Also included in the list is added support for Nvidia's Reflex technology to Fortnite and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone's Geforce Experience game profiles. This will allow GeForce Experience to automatically turn Reflex on if your setup can use it.
Bug fixes include the following:
- On some Turing-based notebooks, users may see a black window when playing back a video in a web browser
- For Honor, RTX 30 series: Game will crash to desktop when launched on GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards.
- Random flicker may occur in multi-monitor configurations when G-SYNC is enabled. Flickering occurs on Dell S2417DG and Dell S2716DG monitors when playing YouTube or Twitch videos at 144 Hz.
- Forza Motorsport 7: The game may crash to the desktop when starting a race.
- Users may see a black screen when launching a game on a monitor using DSC (Display Stream Compression).
- With G-SYNC enabled on some Freesync displays, half of the screen goes black.