Skip to main content

President Obama is Hosting an AMA (Q&A) on Reddit

Alex Ohanian, co-founder of social media website Reddit, teased earlier today that there would be a "special AMA (Ask Me Anything)" via his Twitter feed.

Indeed, Ohanian's word proved true when President Barack Obama announced that he would be hosting an AMA on Reddit this afternoon at 4:30 PM EST. The Reddit thread is located here.

Reddit's AMA (Ask Me Anything) subreddit is a forum that operates exactly as the name of the subreddit suggests. People can post AMAs, opening themselves up to any questions that Reddit users have, no matter how personal in nature. If they wish to limit questions to those of a less personal nature, then they can host AMAA (Ask Me Almost Anything) threads instead.

Interestingly enough, President Obama's opted for the former, which may just be opening up a can of worms…

Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback

  • I bet 99% of the questions will be about marijuana legalization and I predict all of them will be ignored or side-tracked.
    Reply
  • icemunk
    and... it's down.
    Reply
  • spartanmk2
    Move along folks, nothing to see here.
    Reply
  • slabbo
    It's total BS, the only questions being answered are stupid ones...like "what's recipe for whitehouse beer?" or something along those lines...I mean really? He's scared to answer real questions.
    Reply
  • RADIO_ACTIVE
    got2bLightI bet 99% of the questions will be about marijuana legalization and I predict all of them will be ignored or side-tracked.The other 1% will be about his citizenship lol
    Reply
  • dalethepcman
    slabboIt's total BS, the only questions being answered are stupid ones...like "what's recipe for whitehouse beer?" or something along those lines...I mean really? He's scared to answer real questions.
    Anyone who thinks the president is sitting behind a desk answering these questions posted by reddit users is either retarded or 10. This is a marketing scheme just like twitter/facebook events etc..

    On the plus side, at least the marketing firm working for Obama knows what reddit is, so even if the presidency is a little out of touch, the people they pay to make them look good aren't...
    Reply
  • toms my babys daddy
    obama killed reddit's servers
    Reply
  • Darkerson
    got2bLightI bet 99% of the questions will be about marijuana legalization and I predict all of them will be ignored or side-tracked.
    More like 100%, not that i was surprised.
    Reply
  • Camikazi
    The part I found funny is that someone Grammar Nazi'd him, I found that hilarious :)
    Reply
  • extremepcs
    Hopefully the Reddit grammar nazi's will be rounded up and sent to Gitmo soon :)
    Reply