Nvidia has launched the GeForce 320.18 WHQL drivers which serve as “recommended day-of-launch drivers” for the company’s newly released flagship 700 series graphics card, the GeForce GTX 780. The update also adds and updated SLI profiles for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Dead Island: Riptide, Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter, Euro Truck Simulator 2, GRID 2 and Resident Evil 6.
With regards to performance improvements, Nvidia has provided the following results from a system equipped with an Intel Core i7-3960X processor clocked at 3.3 GHz, a GTX 660 and 8 GB of RAM:
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Performance increased by 4.5% at 2560x1600 using max settings and FXAA High.
- Far Cry 3: Performance increased by 6% at 1920x1080 using max settings and 4xMSAA.
- Hitman Absolution: Performance increased by 3.7% at 1920x1080 using high settings
- Metro: Last Light: Performance increased by 10% in the game’s benchmark at 1920x1080, using Very High Quality, Very High Tessellation, and Normal Motion Blur.
- Sleeping Dogs: Performance increased by 3.3% at 2560x1600 using Extreme settings and Normal AA.
- Shogun 2: Total War: Performance increased by 3.4% at 1920x1080 using max settings.
- Sniper Elite V2: Performance increased by 4.8% at 1920x1080 using max settings and AA High. With 2.25x Supersampling enabled, performance increased by 5.5%.
- StarCraft II: Performance increased by 8.5% at 1920x1080 using max settings and 8xMSAA.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Performance increased by 3.3% at 1920x1080 using max settings.
Further information, detailed release notes and the relevant download links are available at Nvidia’s GeForce website.