As could be seen from the results of the rescaling and filtering of the video file, the additional SSE3 functions evidently gave AMD's dual-engine drive a slight advantage over the Intel competitors.
SiSoft Sandra 2005 SR2
This result clearly shows how important it was for AMD to migrate from the integrated one-channel DDR memory interface to dual-channel operation and DDR2 memory. The peak memory bandwidth of the Turion 64 X2 has increased by a staggering 67 percent over the Turion 64!
Multitasking Scenario Test Results
Multitasking I WinRAR + LAME
Multitasking II WinRAR + LAME + Ogg + WMV
Multitasking III FineReader + AVG Anti-Virus
Any dual core is good for laptops, but an Intel CPU with two execution units is currently the better solution for multitasking operation, at least in terms of performance.
Of course, the result does not expose the fact that both dual-core systems respond promptly to keyboard input, whether they are equipped with an AMD processor or an Intel processor. Thus, you can comfortably encode a video file, watch a DVD movie, and take a quick look at your e-mail at the same time, without slowing down the computer.
- AMD Now Sells Laptops Online!
- Double Power, DDR2 Memory Controller, And Variable Memory Bandwidth
- Why Two Execution Units In "one" CPU?
- L2 Cache Management In Alpha Processors
- Model Nomenclature, Models, And Pricing
- New S1 Socket
- Test Systems From MSI And HP
- Test Systems From MSI And HP, Continued
- Benchmarks And Settings
- Extended Benchmark Suite
- ABBYY FineReader 8
- Application Test Results
- ABBYY FineReader Pro 8.0
- Pinnacle Studio 10 Plus
- Office Applications: SYSmark 2004 SE
- SYSmark 2004 SE, Continued
- Battery Life: MobileMark 2005
- MobileMark 2005 Battery Life And Performance Rating: Conclusions
- Summary: Second Choice, If At All