The higher the CPU clock speeds, the lower the time it takes to encode our 53 minute wave file to AAC.
In Lame, we see the same trend continue and the overclocked January/February PC again jumps from last place to first place in time spent encoding the file to MP3.
The overclocked E5200 easily wins in DivX encoding and manages to also just squeak out a win with the Xvid encoder.
The E7300 manages to far outpace the E5200 at stock speeds in Mainconcept, but once overclocked, the higher clocked E5200 pulls out another victory and thus sweeps the encoding suite.
- Higher FPS
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Unreal Tournament 3
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict And Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption